You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Deleting or Undoing Page Break in Affinity Publisher

When I insert a Page Break in Affinity Publisher by going to Text > Insert > Breaks > Page Breaks, the page breaks where I had my cursor. Great, because it maintains the text flow.

However, when I later decide I want to delete the Page Break, I have not found an easy way to do this. The only way to do this was by going to the History section (lower right hand corner) and deleting the action: Insert: "<PBREAK>". However, that deletes all subsequent changes or actions as well, not just the Page Break. The result is that I lose all changes and have to them, without the Page Break, of course. That's tedious. 

There must be a better way to do this? Any ideas?

Thanks, Daniel

Hi @danielschenk

You should be able to delete the character break like any other character: positioning your cursor before or after it, and using delete or backspace keys.

If you display the special charaters (spaces, tabulations...) you'll be able to see the one used for page breaks, and it'll be easier to get your cursor at the right position to delete them.

Place the text cursor just before the Page break, and press Delete. (Or, if you're on a Mac, whatever key you would use to delete in a forward direction.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

775192622_ScreenShot2020-12-27at2_07_37PM.png.1f6c98f2bac08175105508af0c9f9fd5.png

6 hours ago, danielschenk said:

I want to delete the Page Break, I have not found an easy way to do this.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.