You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi

When you export a photo from AP it defaults to the original size  of the image. I am trying to create a profile or  want default size to be set at my desired size.  As many users know posting photos on FB , if the file size is bigger than 2048 px on its longer side then they  compress and quality is compromised. I want AP to show me the the  size that I have set, at the export  window. Is this possible to set a desired photo size and when completed and I am ready to export  AP shows me my default size so I don't have to make  changes manually.

Welcome to the forum @Ajay

Why not create a blank template at the desired size. Then you can import/place images within that document.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Sorry misinterpreted your post.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff
On 12/27/2020 at 10:32 AM, Ajay said:

How that will solve my problem of exporting different images that  I process to desired size.?

I don't believe there is any way to do what you are looking for at the moment I'm afraid.

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

You cannot use Document > Resize Document in a Macro (well you can, but it does not behave as expected). You can, however, use batch process to do the resizing, or you can use  Filter > Distort > Equations in a macro and it will work as expected. I have created a macro to resize an image to a fixed maximum size, see the thread here.

The various maximum sizes included do not include 2048px, so here is the macro listing to perfoem that:

Layer > Unlock
Layer > Rasterize and Trim

Filter > Distort > Equations Enter the following in the x and y fields,  then Apply
   (x/2048)*max(h,w)
   (y/
2048)*max(h,w)
Document > Clip Canvas
Layer > Rasterize

Select > Alpha Range > Select Partially Transparent
Edit > Fill> Inpainting
Select > Deselect

Here is a single macro to resize an image to 2048px maximum size: Resize to 2048 max.afmacro

I will incorporate this size into my macro library and repost it.

The only problem with resizing using equations is that the algorithm used for resizing is unknown. You might like to apply a little sharpening to the image following the resize.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630