You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't create any noise with the gradation tool

12 minutes ago, seelenpfluecker said:

The problem is: I can't create any noise with the gradation tool. Every time i try so (in all three softwares) no noise shows up... and if I close the tab, everything is set to normal if I go back to the gradation settings.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi there

Could you please share a test file? It should work - I used noise in gradients intensively in a rather complex poster sized drawing in Designer.

Edit: And still works fine in latest release version 1.8 on Windows:

image.png.7ebc1eb2f6b11358ebe72506f20eac4c.png

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

He has the red gradient stop enabled with noise at 100% there and it should look something like this instead:

image.png.a6aaad5f0f760ecd10d735e8eb92161f.png

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

33 minutes ago, seelenpfluecker said:

Hi,

the problem is: I can't create any noise with the gradation tool. Every time i try so (in all three softwares) no noise shows up... and if I close the tab, everything is set to normal if I go back to the gradation settings.

What am I doing wrong?

Bildschirmfoto_2020-12-09_um_14_02_28.png

The noise control in the gradient editor is broken in 1.8.x on macOS (and repaired in 1.9 beta).

Use the noise control in Colour panel instead.

9 hours ago, seelenpfluecker said:

Hm, doesn't work well either.

I have to set the colour and noise. The go to the gradient panel. But if I set the second colour everything concerning the noise is then set back to zero and can't be reset.. 

The colour and noise controls in the gradient editor are broken in 1.8.x on macOS (and repaired in 1.9 beta). Don't use these controls when you want noise in the gradient. Select an on-canvas stop of the Fill Tool and use the controls in the Colour panel.