You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Installer App Won't launch

Happy Christmas...

Just bought Affinity Photo after getting sick of PS and realising Affinity looks to do most things and just a little better and the pricing is perfection...

Any way, I'm trying to install and nothing... Program goes to launch and then false starts... Thus far I have:

• Turned off all Anti-virus
  • Set compatibility to Windows 8
  • Set compatibility to Windows XP

I've tried these setting and launched both as Admin and not...

Version number 1.8.5

All my drivers are up to date, and I'm running a:

• Nvidia 2080Ti
  • 32GB RAM
  • Ryzen 3800X
  • Windows 10 64 bit

I've also attached my DxDiag...

Cheers for any help... $70 desktop icon is kinda a bummer...

DxDiag.txt

Figured it out...

BUUUUUUUT... Seems like something that should be changed...

I sorted it by setting all my display settings to defaults... Go into your "colour management" and the "advanced" tab set it like this...

Fix.jpg.44323fc7150592a3bc5bc8cc2821cc60.jpg

I have no idea why this would work... Buuuuuut, also it seems silly as this is the only time I've ever heard of this being a thing in over 30 years of computering...

Nevertheless... So far I am loving the program and it is everything photoshop should have been... On that note... Your program just seems to do everything just a little better... I am very impressed... Again over 30 years of computering...

Love it!

But... Yeah... The above seems... Odd... Maybe if a Dev has a full rundown of why this is a thing? I'm a "Know how it works, or why it doesn't" kinda person... Cheers!

Windows 20H2 changed the display profile to a virtual one, and the Affinity applications were not prepared for that. It's fixed in the 1.9 beta, and will be part of the 1.9 retail release when it's made available.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 12/25/2020 at 5:24 PM, walt.farrell said:

Windows 20H2 changed the display profile to a virtual one, and the Affinity applications were not prepared for that. It's fixed in the 1.9 beta, and will be part of the 1.9 retail release when it's made available.

Okay brilliant!

Thanks so much for the heads up and the info