You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mouse pointer for Pen tool displays shifted using external monitor

I have a weird issue with Affinity Designer.

The mouse pointer displays heavily shifted to the bottom-right of the actual spot when using the Pen Tool. Of course this makes using the tool a lot harder.

I have recorded two videos to show the issue. The first video is a recording from my phone while creating a bezier curve. The second video was taken at the same time using the screen recorder of my Mac.

Yes, because, funny thing is that on the screen recording, the mouse pointer is at the right place, so I had to make a video with my phone to show that the pointer is actually shifted to the bottom right of the actual spot.

Of course, I'm not experiencing this issue in any other software than Affinity Designer, so I'm assuming the issue comes from Affinity.

I have enabled the grid to make it more easy to see the issue.

I'm on Catalina 10.15.7 on a brand new Macbook Pro 16", using a Benq PD2700U external monitor. Here is how my performance settings are configured:

image.png.ece01de91038b99964be3297d306ca7c.png

Important note I've just noticed: the issue with the mouse pointer only occurs on the external monitor, not the built-in retina display of my laptop.

Any help will do.

• 2 weeks later...