You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

dannyg9

Third magazine created with Affinity Publisher (and Photo and Designer). No Adobe products were used in the creation and proofing of this issue. There was a problem about halfway through the creation where Publisher 1.8 would seize up the file when saving and for whatever still unknown reason, the file could not be opened. All sorts of error messages. Thankfully there was a backup through Time Machine, although much work was lost. Paranoia set in and started saving copies every few minutes to several different folders. Sure enough, the same saving error occurred and file would be corrupted so I'd open a backup and kept juggling like that for half a day. Long story short, I reinstalled 1.7 and carried on with no problems. I did post the problem in the forums but the only semi-useful suggestion from another user was to try the 1.9 Beta. As my deadline was shortened by the problems I couldn't take the chance with the Beta version and reverting to 1.7 solved the problem.

Still love the program despite that glitch (although there was much cursing during the crisis mode!). Before anyone asks, it was the magazine's publisher that requested the cover logos be turned on their sides. When anyone figures that one out, please let me know! As there are two covers, let me explain. It was decided that the two magazine titles were to be combined into one issue, evenly split (50 pages each). At the 50 mark, the pages are flipped upside-down. Not something I'm crazy about but then again, my job is to Art Direct and produce the magazine.

Tat4Men111Cover.jpg

TatForMen111BanderaSpread_1.jpg

TatForMen111MilesSpread_1.jpg

TatForMen111SergeyShanko_1.jpg

TatForWomen119Cover_1.jpg

TatForWomen119SouzaSpread_1.jpg

TatForWomen119PavaniSpread_1.jpg

TatForWomen119KenyanSpread_1.jpg

TatForWomen119JarvisOpener_1.jpg