You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Eye Candy 7 and Affinity Photo

59 minutes ago, DWright said:

...to use this plugin the makers AleinSkin will nee to add support for Affinity Photo.

Well, maybe you should define in an official paper and some example project what is at all concreate used and needed from the PS API here, in order for third party plugin makers/developers to support APh too then. Without such official informations probably no third party developer will spend his precious time with own & vague time consuming try & error attemps here. - Overall that is badly needed in order to have a wider third party plugin support for Affinity Photo and the general pressure to act here is IMO more on your side than with possibly willing third-party providers!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

I know It will work in Affinity Photo 1.9.206 (Mac version) albeit a bit visually glitchy but the effect will be applied correctly.

This is one of the glitchy looks, notice in the preview the cyan cat is upside-down and the wispy smoke displays black with regards to the upside-down display this can happen in the main eye candy display area but clicking on the preset seems to toggle the glitch on and off!
image.png.330553087809a5ed68dc10db35b708ab.png

This is how the effect is applied...
image.png.1a1c7fc18c77337e48cc3d73eeb41994.png

Same effect from Adobe Photoshop 2020.
image.png.98e3ab308ceec2e800311e433e7a67e5.png

...and again how it's applied
image.png.603f1fe80e2a660ced0342fdb0ff4535.png

Glitch demo.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Message received today from Exposure after I said it's such a shame their plugins aren't automatically compatible with Affinity Photo and in order to get it working you really have to piss about which isn't what I want to be doing with a product I've paid for........... (if it's a bent copy I wouldn't complain)

Over to you Serif

Capture.JPG

In my experience it's 99% there and it does work well in so much as it applies the effects correctly, I'm sure it's just a bit of tweaking and the Affinity Photo it's working in is a beta version, I did this for another post on making extrusions in Affinity Photo. Without Eye Candy this would have been a lot of work.
image.png.ac4c3abd75a5f33b5ecbccdf7b544482.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

That's excellent, how have you managed to do this please? When I download my Eye Candy 7 it only allows  me to load into Photoshop (there's actually no option for me to tick Affinity Photo)

Any and all instructions would be so much appreciated - 

For the record I use Windows not Mac, I was thinking it could have been another reason I was having problems with getting Eye Candy working in AP

Hi Aitch, I'm on Mac so generally things are easier to step up but windows users usually fair better with plugin compatibility. I'm just pointing to the Photoshop plugin folder, nothing convoluted, very simple. It's the Affinity Photo version that sealed the deal, so whatever they have done in v1.9.0.206 it's making some plugins work better. 
I have a photographer mate who is a windows user with photoshop and affinity, so I might see what I can do at his, I know he likes his plugins and panels so he may have Eye Candy.

Ok just got back from my mates, On his Sony laptop (Windows 10) we installed Affinity Photo 1.9.0.876 Beta and under Preferences > Plugins we linked to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-ins

It worked out of the box and unlike Mac there were no display glitches when using Eye Candy but there were glitches to show the effect, I had to move the document up and down for it to display properly.

33 minutes ago, AITCH said:

Righty ho firstdefence I will have to give the beta version of Affinity Photo a try first and attempt what you've said, many thanks (and no doubt I will be back ha ha)

Just got a text from him and he used the same link in Affinity Photo 1.8.5 and it works for him.

57 minutes ago, AITCH said:

I tried C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-in first defence and still can't get it working unfortunately:(  I tried it on the 1.8.5 version too. Could it gave anything to do with me using CS6? 

I'd say that is highly likely, If I have time tomorrow I'll do some testing to that end.

AlienSkin say from Photoshop CS5+ is ok with Eye Candy so that's good and yes I'd expect Eye Candy to work well with CS6 64bit. The Eye Candy installer won't see the 32bit CS6 as a viable host app.

Ok, I have, again, successfully got Eye Candy to run from Affinity Photo 1.8.5 using CS6 as the host app, the path I used in Affinity Photo was

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-ins\CS6

this is the path to the 64bit version of CS6 not the 32bit version. Don't forget to check the box that allows unknown plugins to run.

Sorted mate ...had to take CS6 off first and go from there :)  Your link will be helpful for others I'm sure pal but I figured out another way - once again I really appreciate you jumping on this one for me in the first place

13 minutes ago, AITCH said:

Sorted mate ...had to take CS6 off first and go from there :)  Your link will be helpful for others I'm sure pal but I figured out another way - once again I really appreciate you jumping on this one for me in the first place

No probs glad you resolved the issue.😀 

Awesome lol!