You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Jumping Cursor

Whenever I open a new document, ADBeta moves my cursor to the lower left corner of the screen, and when I move it out of the way it snaps back there a few times. I can see my hidden dock appear, thats how I kn know its happening. Itts really annoying and takes several jumps back and forth before it settles down...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Actually it doesn't only do it when opening documents, it does it randomly as well. VERY annoying

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

It also does it when I quit ADBeta, it jumps the cursor to the lower left corner and pops up my hidden dock...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi ronnyb,

I've never personally seen this myself, or heard of any other reports. What sort of things do you have connected to your Macbook Pro? Any form of Graphics Tablet or do you use Sidecar? I've had issues before when I've accidentally left a graphics tablet pen on the tablet itself so the cursor fights between that and the mouse.

Are you able to get any screen recordings that show the behaviour at all?

Nothing is connected only using the built in trackpad. Yeah I’ve gotten that issue with tablet pens before as well. This happens right after I load a document, if I move the cursor while it’s loading it jumps to the lower left corner....

I noticed it happened again with the new betas. I will try to get a screen recording when I get back to my computer. 

Thanks for all you do

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.