You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Empty library panel and saving macros not working on macOS Big Sur

Hi,

Since I updated to macOS Big Sur 11, I am not able to save macros or create new categories in the library panel (which is empty). I tried with Affinity Photo 1.8.6 and 1.9 beta (my system is in French).

When I reset the application settings (launching Affinity Photo with a right-click while pressing the Ctrl button), the library content is back and the macros are working for the current session, but they are gone once I restart the program and I cannot save macros anymore until I reset the settings again...

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Can you please check that you have installed the latest update for Big Sur and reset Affinity Photo by holding down the CTRL key and left click the Affinity Photo icon and select open from the pop up menu. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear.

I'm using version 1.8.6 and did try to reset Affinity Photo with the process you described. The macros and library are then working but only once. After restarting Affinity Photo, the problem is back.

However, since my first post, I realized that the problem is actually related to the French translation. If I switch the UI language to English, the macros and library are working fine. The macros recorded with the UI in English are still available when I switch the language back to French. This isn't optimal but will do the trick for now.