You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

transfer a licence from the old w10 PC to a new w10 PC

my old PC starts needing reboot too often so I purchased a new one, both windows 10.

May I transfer the license ? How can I read the installation code ? Which are the steps for this procedure ?

thanks and merry Christmas!

Edited by g.deleo
spelling error

@g.deleo

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

The procedure to transfer your app and licence to your new computer depends upon where you originally purchased the app from, the Microsoft Store or direct from Serif.

If you purchased via the M$ Store, simply log into it on your new computer, making sure you use the same log-in details as you used when originally purchasing the app.  You should see it listed as available to download.

If you purchased from the Serif store, simply log into your account, go to Downloads & Product Keys, download the installer and use your listed product key to complete the installation.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

thank you ... but ... none of may emails is recognized byt these accounts; I registered a this username using the licensed app successfully, but there is no license info, so, I don't know what to do.

It's difficult for me to find out the very old mail where the licence key were aknowledged, and I hope I haven't deleted it by mistake, I copied the key somewhere but my poor memory can't help me finding the right directory where I saved it ! I know, it's my fault but I still hope there is a way to recover my key.

best regards

guido

@g.deleo

Which Affinity app?  And which store did you purchase from?

I ask because the licence file, which for Affinity Store purchases can be accessed on your computer, includes the email address used to register the product, as well as the Product Key (I've just checked on my computer).

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

The licence details for the Affinity Store version of an Affinity app are stored in a file named ‘licence.xml’.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

My app is affinity photo 1.8.5.703 and I should have bought it from serif last spring

in c:\ProgramData\affinity\Photo\1.0 there is no license.xml file

but it runs in this old PC, the problem is that I do not know for how long it will still run before the definitive breakdown

• Staff
5 minutes ago, g.deleo said:

My app is affinity photo 1.8.5.703 and I should have bought it from serif last spring

in c:\ProgramData\affinity\Photo\1.0 there is no license

Hi @g.deleo,

I have searched the Affinity database using the email address used for your forum account, and your last name - unfortunately neither of these has produced any results of sales through the Affinity site.

This, coupled with the 'missing' license file would certainly indicate that you purchased it from the Microsoft Store.

Can you please open the Microsoft Store, then select the thee dot menu on the right hand side of the app and choose My Library. Here you will see a list of all owned software through the Microsoft Store. Does the Affinity app show in the list here please?

6777fdb493fc52f595adad6957e269ee.gif

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff
1 hour ago, emmrecs01 said:

If you purchased via the M$ Store, simply log into it on your new computer, making sure you use the same log-in details as you used when originally purchasing the app.  You should see it listed as available to download.

As above, once signed into the same Microsoft Account on your new PC, follow the steps in the GIF and you'll find the app available to download from 'My Library' on your new PC :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

No problem at all, Merry Christmas to you too!

Please note -

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...

I have an AffinityPhoto licence. Now i want to change to an other desktop (old and new both Win10). I installed Affinity on the new one, but i can not licence the product. I have the original email-adesss and the product key. Why doesn´t it work? Have I to de-install first on the old computer?

Thanks fpr Help

Heiner

Solved

Sorry my fault. There was an bug in the product-key.

Edited by Heiner
solved

• Staff

Hi @Heiner,

Welcome to the Affinity forums :)

Many thanks for letting us know you've resolved this issue, it's certainly great to hear!

Please note -

Many thanks!