You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher - suggestions for improvement

Affinity Publisher - suggestions for improvement

1/ Sometimes preferences don't work well when choosing page sizes (I enter eg A5 and the size is completely different, I have to enter it manually).

2/ I would welcome a more readable outline of the active frame when editing a numeric parameter (eg CMYK values or page size). I switch with the TAB key and I like visual control over the edited part.

3/ If I have more than one menu on one floating menu, I would welcome the option to close any of them.

4/ Copying graphic objects as bullets is a big problem. The object is copied with the bullet text in a different size and must be pasted again.

5/ Difficult to select text in a table where the row is close to the edge of the cell. In the standard view (without zooming in) it is practically impossible to select the text and it is necessary to zoom.

But in general, satisfaction with the features and ergonomics of Affinity Publisher prevails.

4 hours ago, Radovan said:

1/ Sometimes preferences don't work well when choosing page sizes (I enter eg A5 and the size is completely different, I have to enter it manually).

That one sounds like either a bug or something you're doing incorrectly. If you can find a way to make it happen, and record a video, you might post about it in either the Questions or the Bugs forum, and perhaps we (Serif, users) can figure out which :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1