You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text: not possible to change, Affintiy Photo

What kind of document are you using?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Did you create all the document content, or was some of it imported from another document?

As wonderings says, if you can provide a sample that would be good.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

9 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Did you create all the document content, or was some of it imported from another document?

As wonderings says, if you can provide a sample that would be good.

I create the text content direct in Affinty. This problem i dont have during my Gimp time. Then i moved to Photoshop and here was the same problem.

This was one reason , beside the coast to start my time with Affinty 3 Weeks before

11 minutes ago, Harry Heffels said:

Text is definitely not editable as far as I can see. When you create your text what are you doing next?

I did my own test made a blank document, typed in text, saved it as a default photo file. Closed Photo, reopened with the saved test file and my text was still editable. If you can lay out your steps one by one I am sure we can find where this is going wrong.

8 minutes ago, wonderings said:

Text is definitely not editable as far as I can see. When you create your text what are you doing next?

I did my own test made a blank document, typed in text, saved it as a default photo file. Closed Photo, reopened with the saved test file and my text was still editable. If you can lay out your steps one by one I am sure we can find where this is going wrong.

I open the document. You have save it with new text? If i open all layers are pixellayers?

Unbenannt.PNG

I am asking what you do, from start to finish.

I open a new document > type my text > save my job. Open saved job, select text>edit text. 

Layer is not labeled  (Pixel)

When you make your document, and type your text, what are you doing next? Are you right clicking on the text layer and selecting something there? 

6 minutes ago, wonderings said:

I am asking what you do, from start to finish.

I open a new document > type my text > save my job. Open saved job, select text>edit text. 

Layer is not labeled  (Pixel)

When you make your document, and type your text, what are you doing next? Are you right clicking on the text layer and selecting something there? 

I do it in the way you show before.

Yes, sometime i choose a layer with right clicking. But only for copy and paste the layer. Sometime build a group. Not more and no rastering

Can you do this:

1. File > New to create a new document.
  2. File > Save History with Document
  3. Create your text layer, and do whatever else you normally do.
  4. File > Save to create a new .afphoto file
  5. Upload that file here for us to look at.

-- Walt
PC:

Thanks. I just downloaded "test 2" and the text is perfectly fine in it?

Is it still OK for you if you load that file again?

-- Walt
PC:

2 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Thanks. I just downloaded "test 2" and the text is perfectly fine in it?

Is it still OK for you if you load that file again?

of course, i really impressed for the help in thins forum. Thanks to all

Here another file. i test some addustments with the size, kind of letters and so on. 

Often i load picture to the text. 

But the described mistake don't happen now. But it is a permanet problem with Affinty and it was a problem with PS

test_2-1.afphoto

Sorry; I have no more ideas at this point.

If I understand you correctly, though, you have had this problem with both Affinity Photo and Photoshop. That should mean that there is something you do later, in both applications, that causes the problem. I think you need to find what that is.

-- Walt
PC:

If this happened to you again (text rasterization), it would be good to look at the history of when (during which operation) it happened.

Do you use an Assistant? It will automatically rasterize during some operations. The message pops up for a while, but the user may not even notice. Unwanted rasterization is the main reason why I have the Assistant turned off.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

12 hours ago, Pšenda said:

If this happened to you again (text rasterization), it would be good to look at the history of when (during which operation) it happened.

Do you use an Assistant? It will automatically rasterize during some operations. The message pops up for a while, but the user may not even notice. Unwanted rasterization is the main reason why I have the Assistant turned off.

Hi, that sound good. Sofar i remember, sometime comes a small popup with rendering. But i think this is a notice only fo the active pixellayer. But i think it is possible that the hole document rastered.

I looking for the option to turn off the automatical rastering. Wher can i find this?

4 minutes ago, Harry Heffels said:

Hi, that sound good. Sofar i remember, sometime comes a small popup with rendering. But i think this is a notice only fo the active pixellayer. But i think it is possible that the hole document rastered.

I looking for the option to turn off the automatical rastering. Wher can i find this?

Is this this option. That is my grafikcard?

rendering auto.PNG

Exactly for these cases of undesirable and overlooked rasterizations, the possibility of inquiry/confirmation before its execution would be useful.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.