You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Change both sides of shape symmetrically?

Hi there,

Long time DrawPlus user here, but still new to Affinity.  I have a Rounded Rectangle shape that I've converted to curves.  I selected the Node Tool on the tool bar and I'm dragging the handles to adjust the shape.  If possible, I'd like to have my adjustment applied like a mirror image, to both side of the retangle.  Even better would be all four corners.   Is this possible?  

Below is a screen shot.   (FYI I'm trying to reproduce the shape of this logo that is on the bottom layer... Some may recognize it as the logo for xyplorer.)

https://i.imgur.com/5gnBxFC.png

I see the annual closure notice.  Happy Holidays to Everyone!

EDIT: I'm on Windows 10.  Designer 1.8.5.703   -Steve

This is probably an easier way.

1. Make an ellipse using the ellipse tool the settings in the screenshot below
    image.png.cac165a9730dcb3fbc358ee0b7dff565.png
  2. Duplicate the ellipse and again use the screenshot below as a guide.
    image.png.d5033f805dbb939c8dabb9bba8a4be81.png
  3. Make a rectangle and again use the screenshot below as a guide
    image.png.6b9a8f318498b0d80a03d72ab22588c6.png
  4. You should have this shape now...
    image.png.c62227aaa32fa314486e44702e416bb1.png

You can now Boolean: Add the three shapes and change to black and add effects like the highlight.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Another way is to draw a 6 sides polygon and then to use the Corners tool for adjusting it into the desired shape. Aka ...

The way with mirroring instead would be, to have two halfs of a rounded rectangle shape with expanded strokes as symbols, so that manipulationg the nodes of one of them effects the other one too. At the end then combine the two shape halfs again into one shape!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2