You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Matching Mac Behavior on Windows for Pen tool

I posted a question last week about issues that I was having with the Pen tool on Windows not matching up with a Mac behavior:

Despite the kind and perseverant assistance of a few individuals, I was not able to get it resolved.

So, I decided to download a trial copy of Designer on my MacBook to see if it worked on there the way that I was hoping it would, and, sure enough, it works perfectly.

I also figured out the problem:

• in Windows, instead of the Control key functionality on the Mac being applied to the Ctrl key
  • the Command key functionality on the Mac is being assigned to it 
  • So, I need to figure out a way to switch the mapping of that key

Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure how to do that yet.

In summary: applying the equivalent of the Mac Control key functionality to the Windows Ctrl key in Pen tool mode could solve this issue.

I'm thinking that it may need to be applied inside of the software, but I'm hoping there's a workaround because that probably won't be something that can be done quickly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

(oh, in case a suggestion is to use my Mac instead of Windows, there are two problems:

1. I only have a 30 day trial version installed
  2. My two nicest monitors are hooked up to Windows and it's not practical to switch things around at this time)

Yes, for most purposes, Ctrl in Windows is Cmd in Mac.

The Ctrl key in Mac is an extra modifier key that Windows does not have.

When you're using the Pen Tool on the Mac, what does the Status Bar show as the functions of the modified keys?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@anon2

• The statusbar shows Drag+RightMouse to create a straight line.
  • However, I can't find "RightMouse" referenced anywhere in the Help
  • I'm guessing it means to right-click, but all that does is bring up the right-click menu.
  • I did find the post below in the forum, but that person didn't find it helpful either
  • Apparently, you're supposed to be able to click both the right- and left-click buttons simultaneously?
    Yeah... no, that doesn't work at all.