You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PagePlus X9 File does not start correctly

Good evening,
We use PagePlus X9 and are very satisfied.
Now we have changed our operating system from Win 7 to Win 10 and have the following problem.
When we double click on a saved PagePlaus file, PagePlus is started, but the file is NOT loaded.
If we then start the file via File -> Open, it is loaded normally in PagePlus and we can work with it.
A newly created file is also not loaded when double-clicking, only the PagePlus programme is started.
Under Win7, double-clicking on a PagePlus file started the programme and automatically loaded the file.
Does anyone have any idea what this error could be?
Thank you very much for your help.
Many greetings
Sonja

52 minutes ago, Sonja_Nuremberg said:

Good evening,
We use PagePlus X9 and are very satisfied.
Now we have changed our operating system from Win 7 to Win 10 and have the following problem.
When we double click on a saved PagePlaus file, PagePlus is started, but the file is NOT loaded.
If we then start the file via File -> Open, it is loaded normally in PagePlus and we can work with it.
A newly created file is also not loaded when double-clicking, only the PagePlus programme is started.
Under Win7, double-clicking on a PagePlus file started the programme and automatically loaded the file.
Does anyone have any idea what this error could be?
Thank you very much for your help.
Many greetings
Sonja

It's a bug that won't be fixed.

One can, after double-clicking on a PP file and once the splash screen is displayed, quickly double-click again. Timing is everything.

Otherwise, one just needs to use the file, open, navigate to the file and open it in PP.

• 1 year later...

I was interested to hear the word "ancient" used for PagePlus, it's so ancient that it will do many things that Publisher is not capable of at the moment. For instance.

Footnotes, WritePlus and foolproof method of adding Hyperlinks so that they work properly when the PDF file displays.

You'll find that there are other things that do not work in Pageplus on Win 10:

CTRL E does not take you to WritePlus. I bring the WritePlus icon from Customise and drag it to the top Arrange Toolbar where I can click it to go to Write Plus. For convenience I do this also with the full page and the page width icons.

You will have to do this if you want to use CTRL C & CTRL V to paste text into a text box. This is a major drawback.

CTRL + does not gradually magnify the view, nor CTRL - reduce it, you have to use the View/Zoom option.

Life becomes so difficult in Win10 that I keep an old PC running with WIN 7, 64 bit edition just to run PagePlus properly.

Just a few words from a fellow sufferer.

John