You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher: Pie tool

Hi to all.

Is it possible to directly and quickly create the same pie chart in Affinity Publisher as the one obtained by Excel from a list of numbers? How do I do it? The aim is to obtain a cleaner plot than by importing from Excel.

Thank you for your explanations.

pie.jpg.a811eb38b8bbcf51e876eae47fef04ca.jpg

pie.afpub

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

There are several ways to create this.
  1. Try the Donut/Ring Tool
  2. Try the Cog/Gear Tool

Samples ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

I am actually looking for a process that is closer to what happens in reality. For example, the customer gives a following price list and it is a matter of obtaining the camembert, as Excel does.

1. 260,44
2. 104,17
3. 104,17
4. 83,34
5. 125,01
6. 364,61
= 1041,74

How to proceed with Affinity Publisher?

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

35 minutes ago, Pyanepsion said:

I am actually looking for a process that is closer to what happens in reality. ...

How do you export/import from Excel, as bitmap or as vector (copy/paste, PDF, SVG)? - AFAIK Excel can also export as vectors, either itself in actual versions (or via the help of PowerPoint), or via some MS add-ons (FileFormatConverters.exe, SaveAsPDFandXPS.exe, ... etc.).

If you copy the Excel chart into PowerPoint you should be able to export from that as SVG. Afterwards import the SVG into Publisher!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Since Affinity Publisher doesn’t currently have any charting tools, it isn’t possible to “directly and quickly” create a pie chart from a list of Excel data.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I usually used a formula like 360/100*x or similar with the max degres and rotate the resulting pies...

With your numbers,I would divide by 1041.74 instead of 100.

To be able to enter directly percentage would be great.

Another option is to do it first in Excel or similar app, and redraw the resulting graph in a nicer version.

Thank you for all these explanations.  I was actually hoping not to have to use Excel to prepare the graph for each value:

x=260.44×360 ÷ 1041.74

x=104,17×360 ÷ 1041.74

etc.

In short, this could be a suggestion for an extension to quickly reproduce all graphs Excel style.

Well I think overall that other third party apps are much more specialized and predestinated here for such tasks, like generating different beautiful chart styles out from given data. - And as I said before, you can always import and reuse a vector representation (PDF, SVG) of from other apps generated charts here!

You can even generate SVG charts online if needed ...

OK, but this has nothing to do with an extension.