You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hybrid subscription plan

You should move to a hybrid subscription plan. Offer the software as you do now for a flat outright fee but also implement a low subscription like $4.95month for continued software upgrades. The casual user will be happy to pay the flat fee and the professional market (like myself) would not bat an eye at paying a low subscription for continued advancement of the software. I think your product has reached the tipping point to really take a piece of the professional market. But funding your team to handle it would probably be helpful.

I would not say the software has reached the tipping point to take on Adobe, that will take many many years and will also take Adobe making some big mistakes with their software as Corel did and Quark in the past.

People do not want a subscription plan, especially the casual home user. That is a big complaint from a lot of people regarding Adobe being stuck in a subscription for the software. Personally I do not mind it as I use it to make my living and I think the pro's outweighs the con's. That is not the case for everyone. 

Also why would you want to be paying monthly for V1? You are getting updates, some very good feature rich updates that you are not paying for at all outside the initial cost of purchasing the software. The software is being advanced and is moving forward, I think a lot of people would be upset with subscription for software in this price range. 

• Staff

This is already how Serif sell the Affinity range to a few large companies, local authorities and educational establishments, as it is what they wanted themselves, but it is not available to smaller companies or individuals

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

33 minutes ago, wonderings said:

I would not say the software has reached the tipping point to take on Adobe, that will take many many years and will also take Adobe making some big mistakes with their software as Corel did and Quark in the past.

People do not want a subscription plan, especially the casual home user. That is a big complaint from a lot of people regarding Adobe being stuck in a subscription for the software. Personally I do not mind it as I use it to make my living and I think the pro's outweighs the con's. That is not the case for everyone. 

Also why would you want to be paying monthly for V1? You are getting updates, some very good feature rich updates that you are not paying for at all outside the initial cost of purchasing the software. The software is being advanced and is moving forward, I think a lot of people would be upset with subscription for software in this price range. 

I was referring to the professional users not casual users playing on there computer. Thats why I said the casual user could still buy it outright. 

1 hour ago, HarleyN said:

I was referring to the professional users not casual users playing on there computer. Thats why I said the casual user could still buy it outright.

If Adobe would have kept an outright purchase option after cs6 I would have probably never tried Affinity - not all 'pro' users do subscription - that's surely got to be Affinity's main appeal for smaller agencies

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

7 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

few large companies, local authorities and educational establishments

Maybe you could present them off on your site. Maybe it would be interesting and attract other users.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

20 hours ago, HarleyN said:

I like the option of having both, subscription and buy outright, Adobe used to do that. Again though not sure why any business would pay monthly for something as affordable as the Affinity software when you get updates already. How long has V1 been out for Photo and Designer? You would have paid way more than buying the software if you were on subscription. I can see if there is a yearly big paid update version release, but there is no precedence for this yet with the Affinity Software.

What are the large companies who have this soft of subscription plan getting that everyone else is not getting by buying the software outright? Are they getting a different level of support?

• 4 weeks later...