You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have been working with Affinity Photo for a few weeks now.  I was introduced to it through the Apps Store.  I bought it and opened it up.  After looking around for just a few moments I closed it and started looking for a manual or other instructions.  From the Affinity web site I found the Forums section and from there, the instructional videos.

I can identify with some of the "newbie" folks that key in very confused with what is what on the fabulous AP software.  I can suggest trying what I did.  I viewed EVERY Affinity Forum video tutorial, more than once.  Then after each one, I practiced what I saw until I understood all the ins and outs.  I also located YouTube videos and did the same thing, even the ones in German.  With these, I Killed the sound and ran them at half speed so not to miss a move.  (Now, some are coming in with english subtitles.)  All of this worked very well for someone who had never worked with PhotoShop.

I have now purchased Affinity Designer.  Me, with out a lick of artistic talent.  I'm going through all the tutorials just as I did with AP.  Maybe something will ware off from one of the expert designers or illustrators.  Thank you all very much.

Paul, Ocala, Florida

• Staff

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your purchases, I'm glad you found the videos tutorials helpful, handbooks for Designer and Photo are being planned by our docs team. If you have any suggestions for videos showing a feature, please let us know.

Thanks