You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am attempting to automate the process of creating a daily agenda as much as I possibly can. The agenda will have two days per page. I know to create a global numbered list so that the days are numbered automatically, but I was wondering if it was possible to automate cycling through the days of the week (Sunday-Saturday or Monday-Sunday). Right now, I'm having to make three master pages with each day of the week listed out, but if I were able to create a global list that cycles through the days of the week, I'd only need one madter.

Is this that all possible? Thank you!

Not sure what operating system you are using or app, but presuming APub on either windows or Mac? Not totally understanding what you trying to achieve or what the end product needs to look like. I have done similar things in word for rota sheets in using mail merge. This is something you could probably do in APub beta using the data merge feature? If you can post a sample I am sure there are many who would take up the challenge of designing the most efficient way

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

You probably can adapt (take over from Excel/Word/PDF) something from common week calendars for your 2 day per page calendar, see ...

So the final result will then maybe resemble more this here (2 days per page) ...

2-Tage-Seite_per_Woche.jpg.c0b502aa53ee19aadfa1af4bebbfab5e.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

On 12/20/2020 at 9:20 AM, noelle_cd said:

I am attempting to automate the process of creating a daily agenda as much as I possibly can. The agenda will have two days per page. I know to create a global numbered list so that the days are numbered automatically, but I was wondering if it was possible to automate cycling through the days of the week (Sunday-Saturday or Monday-Sunday). Right now, I'm having to make three master pages with each day of the week listed out, but if I were able to create a global list that cycles through the days of the week, I'd only need one madter.

Is this that all possible? Thank you!

I would use a Spreadsheet application to generate the days of the week and the dates and what ever else was needed on each page. Copy as text and paste into page one on a flowing text frame from the one and only Master page. 

The key is using a spreadsheet to do the heavy lifting of creating the stuff you want in each page. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

19 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I would use a Spreadsheet application to generate the days of the week and the dates and what ever else was needed on each page.

Only the names of days are moving from year to year. That's the only list you need to link, unless for bissextile year. You don't need to create again the other data.

Unless you use following text styles (next styles), to format all the text in linked text frames, shifting text for days can be enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Here an example where you only need to modify the year and remove/add a day to get the next year.

Monthes are made of lists, that prevent using half-master pages (the hidden half is a problem, since the numbered lists keep on growing with the hidden frames), instead, suffice to modify the text style to begin the next month.

2021-01-03_174644.png.b09f15c48a2bcf22eb72746215fb7d88.png

calendrier_ephemeride6.afpub

calendrier_ephemeride3.pdf

On 12/21/2020 at 6:45 PM, Wosven said:

bissextile year

I just learned a new word! Thank you, @Wosven. (We usually call it a ‘leap’ year.)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)