You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Different Fonts for Asian and Western, How?

Probably by setting up two different/separate assignable character/paragraph styles (Body & Body Asian).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Then, do I need to change other styles like bold, italics, underline, spacing... separately? Is it the same in other software e.g. InDesign?

The reason this is needed is that, the western fonts (e.g. English characters, Arabic numerals) in some Asian fonts are subpar, so we usually use 2 sets of fonts in the same paragraph / work.

Cheers.

If you are using the the western fonts only for numbers and the occasional English word I would suggest using a Character style named Western and change only the font family to the western version. This should allow you to go through and change only those words while keeping all the Paragraph Styling intact.

Base the Character Styles on the different Paragraph styles and change only the Font Family.

I would glance at the various newspapers co-workers would bring in and my lord that difference in the font's glyphs forms from Bengali, Punjabi or Mandarin to the occasional English would drive me mad. A sea of nice looking text with a big ugly blot saying Canadiens'  P K Subin . Although I would amaze whoever was reading it by tapping the page and saying something along the lines of the 'that was a good game'. Should point out that everyone knew I was/am a monolingual Anglophone who doesn't follow sports at all.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 1 year later...

there are the Videos from Affinity, try this one

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/tutorials/publisher/desktop/video/337305725/

Try a DuckDuckGo search for "Tutorial on Affinity Publisher Text Styles"

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.