You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Creating collage - are there any tools?

There doesn’t appear to be a collage plugin nor any way to easily automate, for the time being it looks like using an external collage method.

On Mac you have FigrCollage and TurboCollage, both paid apps but good for collage work.

On Windows you have these Free collage makers: https://thegeekpage.com/free-collage-maker/

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

My U3A photography group has recently had a go at making collages.  The clear concensus was that the free tools were much too restrictive and it was better to learn how to use tools like AP or PS.  They have a steeper learning curve but the end results are in a different league!  The best looking collage (imho) was done in AP!  There are loads of videos online showing different techniques, but this one by Simon Foster is one of the better ones, even though it's not specifically dealing with collages.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

What kind of collage is the OP looking for, a collage can be quite interpretive.

Heart Collage

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

or such as this...
image.png.d537d66a613023337b1c419928654609.png

When I say collage, I mean a grid - always

It's for ecommerce

Nothing beats a tool

Otherwise one has to do work for many minutes - something that can be done in seconds

'Free' they give you 9 image grid for free for example - all others are premium

The one I use is this one: www.befunky.com/create/collage - but only free one is 3x3 grid.

Fotor used to be good. I gave up. Looked again. Looks good. I found a few others as well

Google has in photos! It's pants though. Once collage created, you can't move images.

You can't say you want an image in a specific place.

Wish it was was part of Photo.

You could create templates, would require a bit of working out initially but once you have the template it should be a fairly simple job.

You can use the guide manager to make placement area’s set snapping and even create styles if required for the images, then save it as a template. It may even be possible to make a macro; at least to get the images the right size. Once you have done the initial legwork it should be a fairly simple process to make your collage.

image.png.4e7f1029429437c273490ac0a19d0679.png