You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to remove white line when snapping in Affinity Designer?

Hello! 

I have a question regarding snapping when using Affinity Designer. I've attached a pic here on what I'm trying to do. 

Basically, I can snap both tiles in place. Though, it leaves a white line (or gap) in between. How would I remove this line? 

I tried exporting it and it shows up. I've done it numerous times with no luck. 

What would be the best way to remove this white line when snapping? Thanks for your help! 

snapping problem 1.jpg

• Staff

Hi @mhgurl,

Welcome to the Forums and I'm sorry to see you're having trouble!

I can confirm I have already responded to your email regarding this issue requesting a copy of this document.

This issue is likely due to anti-aliasing or your objects being located on 'half-pixels'. As mentioned in the email, if you could please provide a copy of this document then we'll be able to advise further.

Please feel free to reply here, or directly to the email with a copy of this - but we do ask that you continue contact through only one of these routes, as contacting us through multiple methods may cause a delay in our response time.

Many thanks in advance :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)