You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Automatically update linked resources when modified externally

I guess its by design, but you'll never know and it feels to me like a bug. This "bug" also applies for the current retail version.

1. Uncheck the preference named in the title of this post.

2. Make a CMYK document and place a linked RGB image. Save the file. Look at Resource Manager and you'll see that the image is correctly marked as RGB.

3. Click and Edit Image within APu and switch to the Photo Persona. Turn the image CMYK and do some adjustments (not merging in my case). Close and save the image.

4. Visit again the Resource Manager and you'll see that the image is still RGB. Even preflight says so.

5. Check the preference and visit again the Resource Manager and you'll see that the image is now CMYK.

IMO the wording of the preference is completely wrong: a) The image is not modified externally, because I never left APu. b) When I change the colour format at least the image should be shown as Modified.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Joachim_L,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

On 12/17/2020 at 9:57 AM, Joachim_L said:

a) The image is not modified externally, because I never left APu

We don't have a different toast so, whenever an image is modified, you will see that message. It's not a bug, but an improvement. 

On 12/17/2020 at 9:57 AM, Joachim_L said:

4. Visit again the Resource Manager and you'll see that the image is still RGB. Even preflight says so.

This I can't replicate. As soon as I save as Flattened, the resource manager updates and shows the correct format. 

9 minutes ago, Gabe said:

This I can't replicate. As soon as I save as Flattened, the resource manager updates and shows the correct format.

This does not work for me also in the latest beta 1.9.0.887, so it seems to be fixed (or never was broken). Thx for your assistance and time.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.