You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Neue Features in der 1.9 Version

Translated by deepl: Hello. Could someone please tell me what are the new features in Publisher 1.9 version. Unfortunately with the many posts here I could not find an overview (list). Many thanks.

Leider etwas umständlich, weil in jeder aktuellen Beta die Änderungen zum Vorgänger gelistet werden die anderen Betas mit ihren eigenen Release Notes nur verlinkt sind. Ansonsten gibt es immer eine komplette Übersicht, wenn aus der Beta-Version eine Release-Version wird in der entsprechenden Ankündigung im News-Forum.

Translated by deepl: Unfortunately a bit cumbersome, because in each current beta the changes to the predecessor are listed, the other betas with their own release notes are only linked. Otherwise there is always a complete overview when the beta version becomes a release version in the corresponding announcement in the news forum.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

Here is a summary of 1.9 development so far

• PDF passthrough
  • Data merge
  • PDF bookmarks
  • IDML import now much faster than before
  • Studio presets to save your favourite workspace setups for different tasks
  • Package feature to collate your document alongside all used image and font resources into a folder
  • My Account: Content sync of store purchases 
  • Path text improvements
  • Initial text baseline advance
  • Configurable bleed and margin guide colours
  • Optional Artboard conversion to spreads in Pages panel
  • Placed scale for all placed files, which allows scaling to be reset to 100%
  • Many other improvements and fixes

Google Translated

• PDF-Passthrough
  • Daten zusammenführen
  • PDF-Lesezeichen
  • IDML-Import jetzt viel schneller als zuvor
  • Studio-Voreinstellungen zum Speichern Ihrer bevorzugten Arbeitsbereichs-Setups für verschiedene Aufgaben
  • Paketfunktion zum Zusammenstellen Ihres Dokuments zusammen mit allen verwendeten Bild- und Schriftartenressourcen in einem Ordner
  • Mein Konto: Inhaltssynchronisierung von Geschäftskäufen
  • Pfadtextverbesserungen
  • Anfänglicher Textgrundlinienvorschub
  • Konfigurierbare Farben für Beschnitt- und Randführung
  • Zeichenflächenumwandlung in Spreads
  • Platzierte Skalierung für alle platzierten Dateien, wodurch die Skalierung auf 100% zurückgesetzt werden kann
  • Viele andere Verbesserungen und Korrekturen

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

3 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Artboard conversion to spreads

That's been in Publisher since the beginning. Has it changed in some way in 1.9 that I didn't notice?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

In 1.8x we display a dialog asking if you want to convert the artboards to spreads when you open a file with artboards, whereas in 1.9 it opens the file without asking anything (keeping the artboards intact). You can then convert them clicking the Convert Artboards to Spreads button in the Pages panel if you want to.

• Staff

Thanks. I have edited the list (English), as it happens the change is actually that you can choose not to convert them to spreads, as they are retained as artboards until you choose to convert in the pages panel. Thanks for pointing that out and for the reminders Walt & MEB. It makes round tripping Designer -> Publisher -> Designer possible without losing the Artboards

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

2 hours ago, Arun Sarkar said:

I wish a replicate option in Affinity like Pageplus or Drawplus.

For those of us who don't use those programs, what would that function do?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 hour ago, Arun Sarkar said:

It has many facilities, but mainly I use this feature when I need to print a documents multiple copies in a sheet example : Business Cards.

The Affinity applications already support N-Up printing. It's an option in the Layout section of the Print dialog, in the Model field (on Windows).

image.png.3aeaa9c4f1e114aead88018d064f0288.png

-- Walt
PC:

With the settings like attached you get (a more or less) perfectly centered n-ups for business cards 85x55 mm with 3 mm bleed. Although the red overlay in the preview indicates an overflow, there is no overflow.

nup.jpg

nup2.jpg

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

5 minutes ago, Arun Sarkar said:

And if I need a tiff, then I have to export it first to PDF, then need to install PDF Exchange and export it as RGB (?) tiff.

Maybe this link could be helpful?

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/447662-free-tiff-printer-driver-software-recommendation

------

9 minutes ago, Arun Sarkar said:

I just need a simple "replicate option" not so many work around.

To bore you a bit a more. ;) Here is another "workaround": You can abuse the Data Merge Layout Tool to replicate things in a second.

------

18 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

For those of us who don't use those programs, what would that function do?

The DrawPlus X8 Help on Replicating an object includes a section describing the Replicate Tool.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.