You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keystokes ignored when layer panel has focus

In the new AD beta 1.9.0.11 when I select a layer in the layer panel and click the delete key the layer does not delete.  I have to then click in the drawing then click on the delete to get it to delete.

Oh, it won't recognize most keystrokes after clicking in the layer panel.  Delete, V, A, G, H, etc.

I'm using Separated mode, light UI Style.  Drawing was created in 1.9.0.10 then copied when 1.9.0.11 was installed.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

3 hours ago, anon2 said:

I'm not having that problem, Separated mode or not, but I'm running High Sierra if that makes any difference.

I've restarted AD a few times with no effect.  Try opening the attached file in the new beta and try using keystrokes with a layer selected from the layer panel.  So the layer panel has focus.  test 1.afdesign

I tried a different file and didn't have the problem.  It looks like it's just this file.

Okay, my original file contains about 50 groups if any one of the groups is copied to a new file or created from the contents of the clipboard then this problem exists.  But if any one layer is copied to the new file sometimes the problem exists, but frequently it does not.  I found that there are a few groups that are exceptions to this.

If I try this same test using AD 1.8.6 then no problem exists.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Gearmaker,

Thanks for letting me know! I've reproduced that here, however it only happens after I first click in a blank area of the Layers Panel - prior to that I don't have any issues if I'm just clicking on other layers or buttons. As soon as I click in the gap below the bottom layer it causes the issue. I did find that it was fine in non-separated mode. Have you briefly tried that to see if it is correct when using that?

I'll get it passed on to development.

Sean, sorry for the slow response.  I just installed 1.9.0.14, and I am getting the same response.  I click on any layer in the test 2  and AD ignores the keystroke and I get a sound from the mac saying it didn't like the keystroke.  Okay I guess I'll have to make a new bug report for 1.9.0.14, when I switched to non-Separated mode I loose all panels.  The view > studio has no checked entries.  I'll get back to trying the non-Separated mode after documenting this.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.