You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I am facing a peculiar issue. I have two windows laptops on which Affinity photo is installed. But only on one of them I get this error when exporting an image after finishing the edit -

Annotation 2020-12-16 194903.png

If I turn the embed metadata option off, then it works. However, on the other laptop there is no such issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling affinity photo on the machine, but the issue persists.

Incidentally, the machine with this issue is the faster of the two. How can I resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by gurunath1710@gmail.com

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

Thanks a lot for the reply. The first thread there is exactly what my problem is, but it doesn't seem to have been resolved. Also, moderators have recommended there to start a new thread, so probably it's best that I started this one.

• Staff
40 minutes ago, gurunath said:

The only way around is to uncheck  the embed metadata box, but then I lose the exif.

There was an issue like this a while back but it was resolved via an update.  So it must be something else.  As @Joachim_L has suggest, could you attach one of your images or if its private, feel free to upload it to our Dropbox here :)   

Also could you see if you have the same issue in the beta from here, which might help point to a possible permissions issue (i'm thinking out loud here, so could be wrong on that)

5 hours ago, gurunath said:

I will try the beta version and see.

I downloaded the beta, and tried exporting one image that had issue with the regular version. Guess what, something weird is happening in the beta - when I actually click export after making required changes in the export dialog box (viz. pixels, quality etc), the application goes and saves the file as affinity photo file.

Here's the exported file, if it's of any use. The file size etc. is that of a jpeg, but the extension is .afphoto, and I can't channge it in the save as dialog box.

_GSP0651a.afphoto