You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

photo mechanic is great, very fast and handy but has import failures with AF...If it has it been fixed I cannot say

I was sending files for a while both to Photo Mechanic and Seriff but never had a definitive answer or a fix, solution by either one

• 2 weeks later...

photo mechanic is great, very fast and handy but has import failures with AF...If it has it been fixed I cannot say

I was sending files for a while both to Photo Mechanic and Seriff but never had a definitive answer or a fix, solution by either one

can you describe what you mean with import failures ? 

• 2 months later...

Perfect Browse of On1software is also a good alternative ... and it was free some weeks ago.

regards

I do large shoots such as social events and weddings.  I want to be able to sit down with my client and look through images they want me to further process.  I used Photos last time and even though I don't mis Photoshop really, I was missing Bridge.

I have been looking at a few of these "DAM"s.  I don't want a DAM that is also an editor.  I have Affinity for that  ;)  Meanwhile, I expect AF-DAM to be some time away  :D

What I wanted was to categorize, sort, create manual and smart albums without copying the files to yet another location UNLESS I wanted to.  I wanted to be able to export files in different formats from the original, but I usually use RAW format.

I am still on the start of my 60 trial, but this looks like the kind of thing I was looking for.  It's basic yet featured enough.  It renders images fast.  

It's not integrated to open my choices in AFP but I can select - drag - drop into AFP.  Good enough for now I think.

Anyone else tried this one?  Do you see any major issues for an app that is only $60?

Please let me know!