You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 2 months later...

Welcome to the forum thinhpham :)

You will need to select a node and press the Break Curve button. This can be found here: 

attachicon.gifBreak Curve.jpeg

We will be adding a Knife Tool in the future to make this easier!

How do I bring the widget / icons shown in Break Curve.jpg up in my application?

I've been digging around and clicking in the tabs of the app but find my self confused.

I've been trying to divide an ellipse in half for 20 minutes ;P

Hi UncleMike,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Select the Node Tool (or press A). All options will appear on the context toolbar right above the work area.

Hey!

Thanks for the quick response! 

I must be retarded — I cannot find this option. Node tool, pressing A, restarting the application… does nothing for me.

23499488365_04707d291b_o.png

Is there a way to reset the workspace or something? I must of removed that section. 

or

Another way I can delete the 2 points off of an ellipse?

It would be nice if I could easily select the point and hit delete on my keyboard.

Thanks  :)

Hi UncleMike,

to get the context toolbar back, choose View > Show Context Toolbar. Hope that helps …  :)

Having a look at your screen shot, I fear you are still working on a dynamic shape object … you must convert it to curves to see the single nodes (hit the button shown on the context toolbar or type Cmd + Return, while the object is active). After taking that step you can see and edit the nodes themselves.

Cheers, Alex  :)

post-1198-0-82281700-1449172679_thumb.png

post-1198-0-47484600-1449172997_thumb.png

Hi UncleMike,

to get the context toolbar back, choose View > Show Context Toolbar. Hope that helps …  :)

Having a look at your screen shot, I fear you are still working on a dynamic shape object … you must convert it to curves to see the single nodes (hit the button shown on the context toolbar or type Cmd + Return, while the object is active). After taking that step you can see and edit the nodes themselves.

Cheers, Alex  :)

AHHH — Convert to Curves! 

Yes!

:lol:  Thank You Alex!