You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to create this icon style?

So I know this isn't a very good question as it's not a very specific question, but I figured I'd give it a go anyway. I am very much a noob, so please keep that in mind.

I'm trying to create this icon that I've attached, but where I can apply my own gradients and colors. I'm not sure how to get the shape that wraps around the edges. If anyone has any high level suggestions on what to research or if you know of any tutorials that show how I would achieve this, I'd very much appreciate it.

For any of you content creators out there, I challenge you to make a tutorial on this ; ).

Thanks in advance!

iu.png

Sorry, I don't have time to make a tutorial. But it's really quite easy...

The colours that wrap around the edges of the cube shape are just simple gradients (straight not rounded). You can set that exact colour and configuration with the gradient tool.

You just create one of the rounded slabs duplicate it twice, place it above and re-colour each as needed.

The arrows are made with strokes (or lines) making sure the edges of the strokes are rounded. The hexagonal shape is made up of lines (or strokes as well as the arrows.

The first rounded slab will have been made in the regular affinity view along with the arrows and hex lines. Then they will have been transferred to an isometric view (or plane) using Affinity's nifty fit to isometric view feature. There are a few other approaches you could take. Like making the slab in the iso view and just making the corners rounded.

However, I can appreciate that you're a noob so some of the concepts I'm talking about might seem confusing, but honestly they are pretty easy, (when you know how).

Youtube will provide you with everything you need here. I just did a quick search, there might be better ones tbh. But have a look at these:

Hey, thanks a lot for the info! I appreciate the quick reply! I will check out the videos you suggested as well. While I'm not as concerned with making the gradients, I'm more concerned about making the actual shapes. But I will try some of the approaches that you've recommended. Also, I'm not trying to copy the image that sits on top of the cube. I should've been more clear about that. That's where I'll put my own icon. The 3D stacked cube seems a little tough to figure out though. So, I think some of the info you shared will be useful. Anyway, thanks again, and take care!

No worries... The shapes are ez.

Just use the round rectangle tool. Set the corner radius properties (located in the top tool bar) and then fit to plane using the isometric view. If I get time I'll throw a how to up on my yt chan. But I'm mad busy at the moment.