You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Workbook not received

I'm growing more and more frustrated.

On 30th of November, I ordered the Publisher WorkBook, together with some t-shirts. The t-shirts arrived a few days later, the book did not.

On 5th of January I wrote a kind e-mail to support. Almost instantly, I've received an automated reply:

"Thanks for getting in touch. Due to high amounts of e-mails there will be a delay in replying and we expect to get back to you within 72 hours during the working week."

Yes, they did. On 9th of January, I've received another automated mail: " We are sorry that your email to Affinity Orders has been in the queuing system for more than 72 Hours. Due to the high number ..."

That's it. Automated responses, no book.

WHAT'S UP, GUYS? PLEASE BE SO KIND AS TO SEND MY BOOK. AFTER ALL, YOU HAVE RECEIVED PAYMENT, ALREADY. THANKS!

I have actually received a response weeks after the automated reply. It said there was a problem as the books are stuck in the UK and they are working on getting them to Amazon logistics in Germany for shipments within the EU and that this should be resolved within two weeks.

But it apparently has not been resolved as it is now three weeks since that response.

I can sympathize with the problems brought about by brexit and the customs issues but this is now simply downright unprofessional.

My email sent to Serif on 27 December was answered last week. I received an apology from Andy and promise to check with Amazon why the book had not yet been delivered. The very next day, Amazon dropped off the book (left outside my front door without checking if I was in). That evening Andy wrote again to apologise for the continuing delay, so I wrote to tell him the book had arrived and to thank him for looking into it.

It does appear they are gradually getting round to dealing with individual orders.

The Publisher Workbook is worth waiting for. It is packed with good things.

After receiving two different emails confirming two different resubmissions, today I finally received both books ordered - two months to the day to deliver in two separate shipments from an Amazon location 46 miles from my home. They were shipped to my billing address, a PO Box, so that added a bit to the delay no doubt.

I have not however received the T-Shirt that was part of the order.

...and the beat goes on,

Thom

It's now full 9 weeks since ordering the Photo Workbook. Customer service said that it will be shipped "within 14 days" well over a month ago. I think I will just give up and ask for a refund as this is rather pointless.

Edit: The customer service has now "reapplied" the order, fingers crossed!

Evening All,

I'm having the same issues as above.  I ordered the Photo and Designer workbooks back at the start of Dec. Received the Photo book within a few days, but despite having emailed Affinity 3 times, being told it would my order would be reprocessed and then just getting fobbed off with automatic emails I've been given a stiff ignoring.  Still haven't seen the Designer workbook.  It's very frustrating being ignored, if there's issues than some clarity would be greatly appreciated and I think a lot of people would be content to wait.  At the moment it doesn't look like I'll get my money back or see my book.  Come on Affinity, just explain what's going on.

On 2/6/2021 at 6:42 PM, stuc said:

Evening All,

I'm having the same issues as above.  I ordered the Photo and Designer workbooks back at the start of Dec. Received the Photo book within a few days, but despite having emailed Affinity 3 times, being told it would my order would be reprocessed and then just getting fobbed off with automatic emails I've been given a stiff ignoring.  Still haven't seen the Designer workbook.  It's very frustrating being ignored, if there's issues than some clarity would be greatly appreciated and I think a lot of people would be content to wait.  At the moment it doesn't look like I'll get my money back or see my book.  Come on Affinity, just explain what's going on.

I find it curious that they need to "reapply" the orders like past orders were lost or something (which is extremely weird and the fact that it says the order has been fulfilled, when it hasn't, is especially annoying). Once they reapply the order, you are given a new order number. I wonder if these orders are then being sent to the back of the queue because, if you try to order now, it says all the workbooks will be available on March 31 at the earliest. I'll report if I receive my Photo workbook after the order has been reapplied.

Just to confirm that I have received my Photo workbook finally, a few days after they have reapplied the order!

I do not have it in my hands just yet as I am using the mail forwarding service to send it to a country where Affinity does not currently ship, but it has been received by the forwarders.