You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Workbook not received

I ordered all three workbooks on the 1st December.  I got the Photo workbook a few days later, but not received the other two books yet.  I am in the UK.  Disappointed I did not get these in time for Christmas and still not sure if or when I will receive these workbooks?!?

I also ordered the Publisher Workbook on the 6th of December to have it for Christmas and I haven't received anything at all. I have sent an email to Affinity but no answer yet. If they are having problems delivering the book they should email their customers saying so... Please inform your customers...

I have just read that Serif staff is on holidays until the 4th of January... Does it mean that we won't get the book at least until mid January?

Edited by Venyer
Adding new information

@Venyer

Serif staff are, indeed, on holiday but at least some of them are still working, presumably from home.  I had a similar query to you - I ordered mine on November 30th, received the order confirmation email and nothing further - so I emailed Serif and received an email on Monday December 28th that the book had been despatched that day and it arrived yesterday.  So, don't give up!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

9 minutes ago, emmrecs01 said:

@Venyer

Serif staff are, indeed, on holiday but at least some of them are still working, presumably from home.  I had a similar query to you - I ordered mine on November 30th, received the order confirmation email and nothing further - so I emailed Serif and received an email on Monday December 28th that the book had been despatched that day and it arrived yesterday.  So, don't give up!

Jeff

I got my book on Monday - unfortunately I have a German not English copy - so need to wait for Serif to be back next week to sort it out - (someone at the shippers stuck an English sticker on over the German one on the back of a German book!)

I ordered on 3rd December as a Christmas gift and have not received it in time (three weeks to deliver a book -- they must have massively underestimated demand ...).

When there still wasn't even a dispatch note on the 24th, I asked for a cancellation and refund, but didn't get a reply yet.

I'm not angry, just a bit disappointed, that they apparently misjudged the interest despite the pre-order option that should have given some indication of how busy it'll get ...

@Jens Krebs

I think the problem is less of one of underestimating demand, rather it is one of the side effects of the virus pandemic, which is adding to the workload of the delivery companies/couriers.  Serif use Amazon Logistics and, by all reports, it is handling far more deliveries than would normally be the case because so many people are ordering products on-line, rather than risk visiting the shops.  Then, when you add in the inevitable staff absences through sickness amongst those delivery drivers and their support staff.....

In my case, also in the UK, from placing the order to actually receiving the book - and I live less than 50 miles from Serif Head Office - was exactly four weeks.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

55 minutes ago, emmrecs01 said:

Amazon Logistics

Absolutely understand and agree that delivery services are much, MUCH busier with the pandemic and Christmas — but three weeks, in your case four, for a book is just a bit unreasonable, considering that the pre-order process should have helped prepping and that amazon still manages to do prime deliveries reliably within 24 hours.

In any case: I have full understanding of the situation, am just a bit bummed that I had to find a different Christmas gift on super short notice.

Ordered mine during Thanksgiving weekend and it still hasn't shipped/been received - I'm in the US, wondering when I can expect my order.  Fully understand that there were high orders, increased shipping d/t the holidays, taking holidays off, etc.  Just curious - thank you!

It would be good to get an update from Serif on when the publisher workbooks are going to arrive for those of us still waiting for them. I've heard nothing since the email on 8 Dec saying they would be late. I'm beginning to wonder how long to wait before cancelling my order and asking for a refund.

2 hours ago, Doug Chaplin said:

It would be good to get an update from Serif on when the publisher workbooks are going to arrive for those of us still waiting for them. I've heard nothing since the email on 8 Dec saying they would be late. I'm beginning to wonder how long to wait before cancelling my order and asking for a refund.

It is not just the Publisher workbooks, I have been waiting for the Designer and Publisher workbook since the 1st December.

I am also still waiting for the Designer and Publisher workbooks. I had ordered all three workbooks on 30th November (a Christmas gift from my wife to me!) and the Photo workbook arrived within a few days but no word on the others. I had contacted Affinity on the 15th December to be told that they were working through a backlog of orders which should take around 2 weeks. It's been 3 weeks since then, or 2 weeks if you discount the period between Christmas and New Year and there is still no update. My account simply indicates the order status as "Completed", which is less than helpful. It would have been good if it were to reflect the status of each item in the order and indicate if it is dispatched or not.

My wife ordered a copy of the Publisher Workbook as a Christmas present on December 3rd and, when it still hadn't arrived by December 18th, she emailed them to ask when it might be expected. She received a reply the same day where 'restrictions being placed on us by our fulfilment partners...' was to blame. However, by January 5th there is still no book, yet we have had several orders of other items received via Amazon including one placed on December 26th that was received the following day.

What is really irritating is that they have taken payment, obviously cannot fulfil the order in a reasonable period of time, and do not update their customers with expected dates for delivery. The status of the order is also shown as 'completed' which it clearly is not! 

I pre-ordered the Publisher workbook on 30 November and it still hasn't arrived. I have emailed Affinity several times and was promised the book before Christmas etc etc.

As they can't take phone calls I am at a loss as how to escalate this.

Interestingly, I went on to the Amazon UK site last week and ordered a copy (at full price). I am a Prime member and the book arrived the next morning.

Work that one out!

On 12/30/2020 at 11:33 AM, Gilescooperuk said:

I got my book on Monday - unfortunately I have a German not English copy - so need to wait for Serif to be back next week to sort it out - (someone at the shippers stuck an English sticker on over the German one on the back of a German book!)

It seems there were quite a few of those!

As Patrick Connor indicated in the linked thread, you should send an email about this to AffinityOrders@serif.com. When I did so, I got a replacement copy very quickly (sent direct from Serif with much better packaging that properly protected the corners, unlike the flimsy mailer that the first one came in).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4 (iPad 7th gen)

I contacted Affinity again yesterday given that 3 weeks have now elapsed since my previous correspondence. Their customer service advisor responded stating "I've reapplied your order for you so it will ship sooner, rather than later." so I wonder if this means that newer orders are being dealt with first - this would explain why nothing is happening with the orders from November and early December.

14 minutes ago, brdevine said:

I contacted Affinity again yesterday given that 3 weeks have now elapsed since my previous correspondence. Their customer service advisor responded stating "I've reapplied your order for you so it will ship sooner, rather than later." so I wonder if this means that newer orders are being dealt with first - this would explain why nothing is happening with the orders from November and early December.

Did they contact you via email?  I have emailed them twice and not heard anything?!? 

On 12/30/2020 at 5:33 AM, Gilescooperuk said:

Mine hasn't arrived yet... hope it's not the German edition. :o

Best regards!

On 1/6/2021 at 12:46 PM, DeanL said:

Did they contact you via email?  I have emailed them twice and not heard anything?!? 

Yes. I initially raised a query through their order enquiry contact email (affinityorders@serif.com) and have since corresponded by simply replying to their emails. I have had responses from them within a day or two - the last one was within a few hours of emailing them.

Edited by brdevine

4 minutes ago, brdevine said:

Yes. I initially raised a query through their order enquiry contact email (affinityorders@serif.com) and have since corresponded by simply replying to their emails. I have had responses from them within a day or two - the last one was within a few hours of emailing them.

Thank you for making me aware, I emailed them on the 22nd Dec, also the 4th Jan and had no response.  I have just emailed them again today, so hopefully 3rd time lucky.