You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with Spot Colour Naming (was: Si M)

Si M

I am using fully updated Windows 10 and AP and am a home user with print experience.  Standard recent hardware.

I have created a couple of simple application palettes of specific spot colours (using your tutorials/help files) and have exported these to my workplace and vice versa.  These spot colours have very specific names which will be understood by the RIP on a Xerox Iridesse etc. and are always used on their own layer(s).  When I use these in a new document the spot colours lose their spot indication in the palette but still say 'spot' in the toolbar colour selector (see screenshot).  However when I export these documents to pdf the colour name reverts to the original pantone nomenclature.  (Acrobat: print production/output preview).  Renaming the spot colour within the palette shows that is already correctly named (same screenshot).  As I have been through the Tutorials etc. several times I think this may be a bug but I am happy to stand corrected if need be.

Cheers,

Si

Seasons_Greetings_BC_palette_issue.afpub Iridesse Specials.afpalette

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 2:48 PM, Gabe said:

whHi @Si M,

Sorry for the delayed reply and welcome to the forums. 

By the looks of it, that objects is using a Pantone colour and not the spot colour you've got in the attached afpalette (Gold). I can't seem to replicate this here:

The export is fine too, with the correct names. 

what exact export setting you use i want do similar thing. One print house has xerox igen machine with gold and silver i want use them. and they needed do with spot colours what are named gold and silver.