You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug - applying styles is inconsistent

Spotted in AD 1.9.0.869 in Windows 10 using Wacom tablet

1. Applying style is sometimes "one step behind". I.e. I apply Style1 and nothing happens. Then I apply Style2 and the style of the selected object finally changes to Style1. The easiest workaround is to apply the desired style twice. It does not happen always but it does happen.

affinity-styles.gif.cd75417f55153e62a7b4c8b7beedca0c.gif

2. I noticed that sometimes the stroke does not refresh properly. If the width of the stroke is too different AD refreshes/redraws only the rectangle of the original look so the changed object seems to be slightly cropped. It's just a temporarily glitch that disappears after the next refresh of the object or the document (zoom, etc.). However I have not found the exact scenario how to demonstrate it yet. (Pressure enabled? Does it happen only with the first change of the style?)

• Staff

Hi @Gunny
When reporting issues that affect the beta (and that did not occur in 1.8 in this case) please report them in the Beta bugs forum.

I can reproduce your first issue and it does indeed appear to be a regression over 1.8. I'll get this passed over to development.

Unfortunately I didn't see the second issue you mentioned however. If you do find you're able to reproduce that could you attach a copy of the Styles you're using along with the document you're applying them to and the steps and we can take a look!

22 hours ago, Sean P said:

please report them in the Beta bugs forum

I though I did that. If not, it was unintentional. :11_blush:

I saw the second issue several times during one session but (un)fortunately I still can't figure out all necessary conditions to demonstrate it again. I suppose it will pop up again soon.

On 12/15/2020 at 5:42 AM, Sean P said:

I can reproduce your first issue and it does indeed appear to be a regression over 1.8. I'll get this passed over to development.

There's another thread about a similar (possibly the same) issue. In that one, double-clicking on the Style is actually required to get it selected.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 12/16/2020 at 10:18 AM, Gunny said:

I saw the second issue several times during one session but (un)fortunately I still can't figure out all necessary conditions to demonstrate it again. I suppose it will pop up again soon.

And here it is.

The original stroke was created with mouse (i.e. without any pressure settings), no fill, width of 16 pixels aka 3,8 pt.

affinity-style-cropped3.gif.16f845de905c212101fa12fa7a1e55fe.gif

The applied style looks like this (no fill, simple pressure curve, width 16,4 pt).

affinity-style-cropped2.png.2146b5fee4be6c5a5979bcda06d38ed1.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 12/22/2020 at 2:48 PM, Gunny said:

And here it is.

The original stroke was created with mouse (i.e. without any pressure settings), no fill, width of 16 pixels aka 3,8 pt.

affinity-style-cropped3.gif.16f845de905c212101fa12fa7a1e55fe.gif

The applied style looks like this (no fill, simple pressure curve, width 16,4 pt).

affinity-style-cropped2.png.2146b5fee4be6c5a5979bcda06d38ed1.png

Wonderful - thanks for that - I've reproduced here and will get it passed on to development - looks like a simple screen redraw! :) 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.