You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Workbook received is in German

• Staff

@DavS & @JohnSinclair

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

We think this was a single rogue box (seven or 8 books only) and that most have now arrived. Sorry this has happened.

@JohnSinclairThe service team on AffinityOrders@Serif.com will contact you shortly 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I was hopeful it was only a few copies. The cellophane for mine had 2 barcode labels: one for German editing covered up by a label for the English edition.

I reported my copy on receipt, as well as the barcode issue and have already had notification of the replacement. So a short delay before I receive my copy, but I know it will be worth the wait.

On 12/17/2020 at 1:00 PM, kazrbutler said:

I was hopeful it was only a few copies. The cellophane for mine had 2 barcode labels: one for German editing covered up by a label for the English edition.

I reported my copy on receipt, as well as the barcode issue and have already had notification of the replacement. So a short delay before I receive my copy, but I know it will be worth the wait.

That is exactly what happened with me.

The replacement arrived today. But unfortunately it was the German version again. Exact same thing with the barcode label too. There may be more than a few :( 

So that's an email off to 
AffinityOrders@Serif.com to get it sorted again.

• Staff

@JohnSinclair

That is astonishing, I am so sorry. I thought we had found all the mislabelled stock. I can see this is being dealt with now by the returns team (again)

So sorry.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

And.... it's all sorted. The English language version just turned up today. :)

Of course I now have 2 German copies that it's not worth Affinities time/money returning.

I wonder if there could be some way to benefit a charity or two by hooking up a couple of German speakers that want them with those books?