You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

reversing text

I am not sure if this feature exists or not, so thought I would ask or propose it as an added feature.

I have a word, however I need one of the letters reversed (please see attached designer file).  Is there a way to do this already?

many thanks.

Steve

reversing.afdesign

Base Unit:  Standard model M1 Mac Mini - until such time as I can afford a new or used Studio - albeit running its OS from an external NVMe (2TB).

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro Retina - i7, 16GB, 2TB SSD

Server: Mac Mini 2014 - i5, 16GB, 2TB SSD

Workshop: HP G4 running as a Hackintosh until more funds can be found to upgrade it.

Software:  Affinity Suite (ver. 2), Office 365, Fusion360, OnShape, Carbide Create, Cura, Inkscape

33 minutes ago, cyberlizard said:

I have a word, however I need one of the letters reversed (please see attached designer file).  Is there a way to do this already?

Hello @cyberlizard,

the feature is not there in terms that you can reverse a single letter within a word. But it can be easily achieved. You split up your word into three parts. Part one and three are the non reversed letters, part two is the single letter that needs to be reversed. You simply mirror this letter. Afterwards you can group them all together.

Actually, the way you did it in your sample file works the same.

I think this should not be too much of a problem since I think you do not need to do this on a huge amount of text.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

14 minutes ago, dominik said:

Hello @cyberlizard,

the feature is not there in terms that you can reverse a single letter within a word. But it can be easily achieved. You split up your word into three parts. Part one and three are the non reversed letters, part two is the single letter that needs to be reversed. You simply mirror this letter. Afterwards you can group them all together.

Actually, the way you did it in your sample file works the same.

I think this should not be too much of a problem since I think you do not need to do this on a huge amount of text.

d.

I agree, but then again for precise work where things need to line up to perfection it can be a dog!

consideration for adding the feature then!

Base Unit:  Standard model M1 Mac Mini - until such time as I can afford a new or used Studio - albeit running its OS from an external NVMe (2TB).

Workshop: HP G4 running as a Hackintosh until more funds can be found to upgrade it.

Software:  Affinity Suite (ver. 2), Office 365, Fusion360, OnShape, Carbide Create, Cura, Inkscape

1 minute ago, cyberlizard said:

consideration for adding the feature then!

I think it would be an interesting option. There are already options to shear and scale horizontally and vertical single letters. Why not also rotate and flip? I think this has been requested before.

Precision is in my eyes not so much a problem because for such a design one has to adjust the elements carefully manual for best results.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

53 minutes ago, cyberlizard said:

I agree, but then again for precise work where things need to line up to perfection it can be a dog!

You could just convert the text to curves

Select the letter R and Flip it horizontally

You lose the ability to reedit the text but super easy to do and should all line up to perfection

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

36 minutes ago, carl123 said:

You could just convert the text to curves

Select the letter R and Flip it horizontally

You lose the ability to reedit the text but super easy to do and should all line up to perfection

thanks Carl123 that worked perfectly.  can't thank you enough!

Steve