You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher . How to relink your resources

Guys,

How can I relink my resources? I have moved them to another drive.  All files are in the same same location.  When I start publisher and select "find resources" it does nothing... well, screwing up the document. 

Is there  no way to automatically reconnect a folder? 

1 hour ago, Focus9 said:

Guys,

How can I relink my resources? I have moved them to another drive.  All files are in the same same location.  When I start publisher and select "find resources" it does nothing... well, screwing up the document. 

Hope this helps:

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

On 12/14/2020 at 12:13 PM, Focus9 said:

Guys,

Hi Focus9

The first time you open a document which has missing resources you will get this message (refer to attached image):1243831580_Screenshot2020-12-16123403.png.f62b4e83c98902402688cb2120fccdb2.png

• You need to choose and click on 'Yes'
  • Then go to the location where you have saved the links.
  • Publisher will then find and identify first image with alphabetical precedence from the missing links.
  • Publisher will effortlessly relink all the missing links from the location

Note that trying to relink missing links while using the Resource Manager will give you plenty of headaches.

On 12/22/2020 at 12:12 PM, Focus9 said:

Thanks William.... it doesn't seem  to work for me. Not sure what is happening. 

Hi Focus9

Please refer to attached videos. One is with the missing links and the other with the relinked images. 

Note that I have deliberately labelled my links as follows: Leopard, Jaguar and Ostrich. These are also the actual names assigned to the links. 

Alphabetically the chronological order would be like this:

1. Jaguar (J)
  2. Leopard (L)
  3. Ostrich (O)

So using alphabetical precedence Affinity will select Jaguar (J) first as you can witness from the dropdown list. It will then automatically select the rest of the missing links to relink. This action is so fast that it creates an illusion as if it is being done in one fell swoop.

Relinked.mkv

With_missing_links.mkv

Edited by william