You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color fill within painted mesh, and then remove mesh.

I'm trying to create a low-poly picture in AP, and can't figure out how to draw my polygon mesh, fill it with the colors I want, and then make the mesh itself disappear.  I've been sampling from the layer below that contains the actual image, and then using that color to fill in the polygon of the layer above.  My problem is, that when I do this I can't separate the fill color from my drawn polygons, but without the drawn polygons I can't fill. 

Any tips would be appreciated on this. 

• Staff

Hi jesseb418,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Just remove the stroke from your shapes. Select the shapes you want to remove the "lines" (i.e. strokes) - you can select more than one pressing ⇧ (shift) and clicking on more -, then change to the Node Tool (or press A) click on the Stroke square in the context toolbar (the toolbar right above the works area) then click on the None tab. This should remove those lines. Let me know if you still have trouble.

I can't seem to select the lines independently from the fill I used inside of the grid they formed. Fortunately I got more or less what I wanted using the flood select, and then leaving the original layer underneath to cover the one pixel wide gaps. 

If there's a more elegant way to do it, especially without leaving minuscule gaps, I'm all ears.  

I'll upload my "finished" work so you can see what I'm trying to say.  My description may not have been clear enough. http://www.filedropper.com/large-polyportrait