You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Closing a file then choosing "save changes" leaves a blank window open after the file closes

Using Affinity Photo 1.8.6 on a fully updated Intel iMac running Mac OS 10.15.7 (19H15), I have the following repeatable bug:

Closing an image that has changes that need to be saved causes the program to ask me if I want to save (which is normal), but after it saves and closes the image, I end up with a blank functionaless window where my open file used to be. Since the blank window is a bug, I can't even close it with command + W and must use the mouse to click the close box (frustrating).

Steps to recreate:

Open an image
Draw some random lines somewhere
Type command W to close
The app asks if I want to save (which is expected)
If I click Save, it saves and closes the document...but leaves the dead window behind.

If I save the file first, then close with command W, everything works fine. This is a frustrating visual bug that I would love to have fixed. 

Incidentally, closing a changed with the close box instead of command W also leaves the dead window behind. So it's not just the keyboard shortcut. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 4.59.36 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 4.59.42 PM.jpg

Edited by PeterinJapan
Needed to complete the post