You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cant save file after hdr merge, says folder does not have permissions

I am doing some hdr merges for a real estate job. This program keeps giving me an error message after i save two hdr merges. Here is the error message...
Failed to save document: /Volumes/MotherShip/MS Home/*The Photo-Biz-IMAGES/Jobs/2020/Evolve/10716 Ponderosa/Finals/MasterBth2.afphoto. Save failed because you do not have permission to create a file in that location. Do you wish to save the document to a new file?

The permissions thing is bullshit. it says that for any folder that i am trying to save the image. this is really frustrating because it makes no sense. It will save 2 files fine and then this stupid error. I have to quit the application and start the merge over again. Please help!!

I am using a macbook pro running mac os 11.01. I have updated affinity to 1.8 version

• Staff

Hi @ryanhphoto,

Welcome to the forums :)

Does this issue occur after 2 HDR merges every single time? If possible could you provide a screen recording showing this behaviour as I have been unable to replicate it here. Please could you try saving to your desktop when you create the recording?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

On 12/14/2020 at 6:29 AM, Callum said:

Hi @ryanhphoto,

Welcome to the forums :)

Does this issue occur after 2 HDR merges every single time? If possible could you provide a screen recording showing this behaviour as I have been unable to replicate it here. Please could you try saving to your desktop when you create the recording?

Thanks

C

Well, this last time that i used affinity to do real estate hdr merges, this issue did occur after every two sucessful hdr merges. I could do a recording, but all you will see is how the error message pops up on the screen. When i got the error message, i then tried to save to the desktop and got the same error message from the mac system. Here is the text of that error...

"Failed to save document: /Volumes/MotherShip/MS Home/*The Photo-Biz-IMAGES/Jobs/2020/Evolve/10716 Ponderosa/Finals/MasterBth2.afphoto. Save failed because you do not have permission to create a file in that location. Do you wish to save the document to a new file?"

FYI, that error message would say the same if i tried to save to the desktop folder, with the desktop folder listed in the error message. 

• Staff

The screen recording is to ensure I am following the exact same steps as you to make sure that me being unable to replicate this issue here wasn't due to me doing something different to you. If you would rather not provide one thats fine but it may make it more difficult for me to diagnose this problem. If you hit Save to new file does this file save fine? Which 1.8 version of Affinity is it that you are using? The latest version being 1.8.6.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 1 month later...

Ok, i will give a screen recording a try. After the second hdr merge, when i am trying to save the third hdr merge, I have tried 'save to new file', but it would not allow me to save. So i have to quit affinity photo and restart it, then i can save two more hdr merges. I am using version 1.8.6