You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pre-flight in Publisher with placed multiple pages pdf

Hi everyone

I hope everyone here is safe and healthy.

This year is very crazy, but we decided to move on.  We don't want to stick with Adobe path anymore and want to move to Affinity's products, started by Publisher.  However, one key component missing from our workflow is Affinity's version of Acrobat Pro that we use for pdf pre-flight.

On the other hand, I found on your website that Publisher has pre-flight feature built-in.  Let's say, I have a pdf with 16 pages, is there any way in Publisher to place that 16 page pdf easily (not place the pdf page by page) and pre-flight the file in Publisher with placed pdf for any potential problem (especially for low-resolution images)?  Of course, I don't need to edit that pdf, that means I don't need to "open or import" the pdf and make it editable.

I love your product line, I finally don't need to follow some people's opinions that are not willing to move on.  Hopefully, I can start using your software early next year.

Thanks in advance

wilton.printing

On 12/11/2020 at 10:52 PM, wilton.printing said:

Let's say, I have a pdf with 16 pages, is there any way in Publisher to place that 16 page pdf easily (not place the pdf page by page) and pre-flight the file in Publisher with placed pdf for any potential problem (especially for low-resolution images)?

Perhaps not exactly like you want it. As of 1.8.5.x every placed / opened PDF is converted to be editable. Preflight will tell you the problems with the placed data and you can use the Page Box dropdown to browse through the pages of the PDF. Or you can use Document >> Add pages from file, which adds all / selected pages of the PDF.

In 1.9.0.x things are getting a bit more complicated, because a placed PDF will be placed as Passthrough as default setting and is currently not checked by Preflight. You have to change from Passthrough to Interpret first to have a preflight on this PDF.

Edited by Joachim_L
Added information

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Hi Joachim_L

Many thanks for your reply.  

Well, I understood that I am asking too much for a page layout software.  Anyway, we will at least buy one copy next year, again started by Publisher.  If our people and myself can handle the software and the software can accomplish what the company claimed on their homepage, and of course, everyone can get through the COVID19.  We will get more copies and other software from Affinity.

Again, thank you very much for your reply, stay strong and healthy

wilton.printing