You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Triumph Model H 550cc

buko

There is always something.....i have looked at this drawing loads of times to check i haven't missed anything, and yet each time i find something else that is not quite right or is missing completely. When its nearing completion i am always in a rush to see it finished and saved as a jpeg because i want to print it. This in turn leads to so many mistakes, Usually its just small adjustments, but while concentrating on the particular problem, it very often causes another problem in a different area. Anyway things i missed on the drawing first submitted were, the vent on top of the headlight, the clamp which holds the advance and retard levers on the handlebars, adjusted the rear mudguard to make it a little deeper, placed wired in the magneto which were not connected, No doubt there are more, but im going blind looking agt it over and over again lol. So good or not this will have to do...

1920 Triumph Model H 550CC.jpg

You've made a great job of it, Buko. I know the feeling, of never fixing all the errors. But I'm told in some societies it's considered a bad idea to approach perfection too closely because the gods will be jealous; an artist or craftsman will deliberately mar his or her work in some small way to avoid this. 
A less superstitious notion I discovered man years ago is to hold the work up to a mirror so as to see it in an unfamiliar way. On the computer, of course, we can simply flip it on-screen.

Haha yes you are right about seeking perfection, there comes a point after fixing errors and still finding more you just have to leave it alone, and thanks for the tip about flipping the drawing that's a good idea. I am  looking at my first drawing on Affinity of a Panther motorcycle, and compared to this one there is quite a big difference now i have got used to the program and i am quite pleased with my own improvements, considering  i am not skilled in any way. I just wish there were a few more choices of metallic finishes such as chrome etc and a few more things like a blending tool in the program. For me this is just fun and i will never be an artist like some people who draw the human form freehand from scratch for example, i have tried but the results are awful, these are the people i admire who can do this. i will try again some time but as of now i am avoiding drawing faces eyes noses and in particular realistic hair because i simply cant do it. So when i get fed up of drawing bikes i will find something else to occupy me. Merry Christmas

Excellent 🤞

Family legend, seems to suggest that my Grandpa owned a 1930'sh Harley Davidson and I think one of but a handful at that time in New Zealand however was eventually requisitioned for military use during WW2. Definitely legendary pieces of motorcycling lore I've yet too see firsthand or tick off on my bucket list.