You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Display simple object dimensions?

Am I just missing it? I'm not talking about a complex measurement tool or anything. More so as in...

Draw a rectangle freehand. What are it's dimensions?

Also, I realize that the Transform tool will display the size, but is changing the global/document units the only method of changing the units, can they not be changed independently? I searched and found that I can change the units manually, by inputting 'mm', 'in', etc.., but that also changes the size. Is there no drop down to quickly change the units?

I'm hoping someone comes and points out something that will make me feel like a dumba.. for not having seen it, lol.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, TDNT said:

Is there no drop down to quickly change the units?

right-click  the ruler top left corner to change the units quickly.

image.png.a783d60d90c293c74e2cf2b2176e4908.png

There is no dimensioning tool to mark out dynamic dimensions like in CAD apps, the Transform Panel is your best friend when reading dimensions of a selected object.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Awesome, thank you.

I was hoping there was something simple that I was just passing over, and oddly enough I didn't see that one in the help files. I had read searching through here that there was a way on the ruler, but I just never saw the px hanging out up there. (I'm going to delete my 'zoom' reference, because this is obviously the quicker way.)