You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This seems like it must be so simple. I create a filled circle. I add text around it. I now want to change the properties of the filled circle (get rid of the fill) but any way I try it it just changes the settings of the text instead. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? The item in layers is reduced to just a text object after I write on the line.

Thanks!

Phil

2020-12-09 147 Screenshot.jpg

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

I don't see any filled circle, just a partly circle white shape outline with text on path.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Just now, v_kyr said:

I don't see any filled circle, just a partly circle white shape outline with text on path.

I just used a part of the image for privacy reasons. The white is part of a circle on the lightning bg.

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

Did you duplicated the circle on place before? - You know, in AD using text on path removes the initial shape, thus you usually then have to use a copy of the shape in/on the same place for being afterwards able to apply some filling to the shape copy (in your case a circle copy).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Since when using "text on path" the initial circle shape is then converted into a text shape and thus isn't any longer a fillable circle shape!

I have worked out why you are getting a different result. If you start in Publisher and go to the Designer persona I get this. The circle does NOT disappear. If I open Designer itself it does. Why would this be, I wonder? And once it's there there is NO way to edit the circle's properties.

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

16 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi @Phil_rose,
This is because Publisher provides aText Frame panel (View > Studio > Text Frame, General section) where you can control the fill and stroke of the text path and text frames, whereas Affinity Designer doesn't offer it.

Oh! There we go! Thank you so much!

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

17 hours ago, Phil_rose said:

...If you start in Publisher and go to the Designer persona I get this.

Well, initially in your post you didn't told that (the used app and workflow), so one had to guess what app might have be meant at all, since both Designer & Publisher support text on path! - You may want to be more specific in future.