You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug-Report: Data Merge - Excel Number Format - Import Error

Hello Guys, 

Since I´m using the Publisher Beta and the Data Merge Feature I found a little bug while playing with the Merge.

This Bug is visible when you try to Link an Excel Sheed in Publisher and one or more Cells are Formatted as "Currency". The Number will not be Linked and the Field is blank. I assume that maybe Publisher has a Problem reading the Currency Symbol from Excel, because if I try to manually add the Currency Symbol, in my Case, € (EUR) it also don´t work. I had to use the ASCII Code: Alt + 0128 -> € to get the Symbol to appear. 

I hope this place is right for this Type of Bug. 

Best regards. 

• 4 weeks later...

My first suggestion.... don't post documents with real email addresses and real phone numbers !

Ask for a private link to upload your file or images. You should edit your post and delete those images.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

17 hours ago, AlainP said:

My first suggestion.... don't post documents with real email addresses and real phone numbers !

Ask for a private link to upload your file or images. You should edit your post and delete those images.

Agree... perhaps these are bogus identifiers, but should be obvious. I've "unseen" this now.

Best

• 2 weeks later...

Hello People,

Sorry for the late reply. We had holidays.

I have created a little Test File. Since I don´t need any real data I have simply used a table in Publisher and linked it to Excel with 3 "Datafields".

The First Product "Produkt 1" has the Number formatted as "Currency". <-- Not Showing
The Second Product "Produkt 2 has the Number formatted as "Default" <-- Shows the Number
The Third Product "Produkt 3" has the Number formatted as Default but with a Formula in Excel itsel called "text()" that converts the Number to "0,00 €". <-- Shows the Number with the Currency Symbol.

I have attached the files so maybe this will help sort out the error. We use Excel 2016 and the local is set to German / Germany.

Affinity Excel.zip

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.