You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Windows Customer Beta - 1.9.0.869

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Features, Improvements, Fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Changes

• Fixed performance problems with OpenCL enabled
  • Fixed rotated or skewed filled rectangles (with no stroke) rendering incorrectly (fills extending to rotated bounding box) 
  • Fixed Hue shift slider background to not move with the slider 
  • Fixed crash when using Ctrl+Right Click (Selection context menu) on empty area 
  • Fixed crash on startup if a proxy is configured without a scheme
  • Fixed inability to add tab stop lower than the already existing highest value 
  • Fixed pasted images incorrectly having the document colour space in Resource Manager instead of the image's colour space 
  • Fixed crash changing Character Decorations Outline Colour without a document open 
  • Fixed crash loading images greater than 2GB in size
  • Fixed failure to load TIFF files greater than 2GB in size
  • Fixed cursor not being visible after interacting with the Export dialog 
  • Allow variations in file extensions during export (e.g. *.tiff and *.tif). Default extension is first in the list (i.e. *.jpeg, *.tiff).
  • Changed the preference 'Import PSD Text As Text' to be enabled by default

1.9.0.864 release notes

• Staff

Please can users of this beta look again at the My Account feature, where lots of behind the scene improvements and more content have been added, and report anything you find IN THAT THREAD

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, Mark Ingram said:

Changed the preference 'Import PSD Text As Text' to be enabled by default

I’m curious to know the rationale behind this change. The explanation for the previous default of having PSD text imported as an image was that it guaranteed the text would look correct even if the font was unavailable, and that the user could simply change the setting and reimport the PSD file if editable text were needed; the downside to importing as text by default is that it’s too easy to overlook the fact that its appearance has changed.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
20 minutes ago, Alfred said:

I’m curious to know the rationale behind this change.

I don't want to speak on behalf of the developers, but from a Technical Support view the number of tickets that we get from users who did not realise this was an option and cannot understand why their text is 'selectable' well outweighs contact from users whose text does not render the same as in PS - so setting this at default should reduce the amount of users who have to contact support regarding PSD text.

There may be other reasons however, I just wanted to make this known too :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)