You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.9.0.869

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: New features, performance, fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Changes

• Enabled (more) accurate history thumbnails
  • Added support for JpegXR RGB 101010
  • Fixed crash when entering Develop Persona during macro recording session
  • Fixed rotated or skewed filled rectangles (with no stroke) rendering incorrectly (fills extending to rotated bounding box) 
  • Fixed Hue shift slider background to not move with the slider 
  • Fixed crash when using Ctrl+Right Click (Selection context menu) on empty area 
  • Fixed crash on startup if a proxy is configured without a scheme
  • Fixed inability to add tab stop lower than the already existing highest value 
  • Fixed pasted images incorrectly having the document colour space in Resource Manager instead of the image's colour space 
  • Fixed crash changing Character Decorations Outline Colour without a document open 
  • Fixed crash loading images greater than 2GB in size
  • Fixed failure to load TIFF files greater than 2GB in size
  • Fixed cursor not being visible after interacting with the Export dialog 
  • Allow variations in file extensions during export (e.g. *.tiff and *.tif). Default extension is first in the list (i.e. *.jpeg, *.tiff).
  • Changed the preference 'Import PSD Text As Text' to be enabled by default

1.9.0.864 release notes

Thanks again. Haven't installed it yet, but I remember vaguely that I got an information window that there is a newer beta, when you open the older beta. Same for the latest beta of AD.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

Please can users of this beta look again at the My Account feature, where lots of behind the scene improvements and more content have been added, and report anything you find IN THAT THREAD

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi Mark and Patrick,

just tried to download this beta, but this is (nearly) impossible because of the very slow download speed from your (Amazon?) Server.

This was never a problem before. Always done in few minutes..

I have tried several Browsers and made some others downloads/updates today (DXO, Adobe) without no issues..

Torsten

AffintityPhotBeta_1_9_0_869_dwnl_speed.png

speedtest.png

Win11/64 Pro 23H2

NVIDIA RTX 3090: Studio drv.

CPU I7-9700KF: RAM 64GB: &SSD

Monitor 4K

Microsoft Surface 8 Pro i7/16gB Win11Pro

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Imprex said:

Hi Mark and Patrick,

just tried to download this beta, but this is (nearly) impossible because of the very slow download speed from your (Amazon?) Server.

This was never a problem before. Always done in few minutes..

Same problem here, for whatever reason.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

Today it worked with the download of Affinity-Photo, it takes about 3 minutes.
The download from Designer took about 1,5 hours, very strange.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

strange, still not working here... the download is very slow

The download for AP took almost 70 minutes today from start time 11:37 😞, for AD too..
That went before always in < 1 minute
Something is wrong with this server at Amazon.
I have just downloaded Affinity Photo for comparison, directly from the Affinity Store. The time for this was just under a minute. 

Kind Regards

Win11/64 Pro 23H2

NVIDIA RTX 3090: Studio drv.

CPU I7-9700KF: RAM 64GB: &SSD

Monitor 4K

Microsoft Surface 8 Pro i7/16gB Win11Pro

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, Imprex said:

strange, still not working here... the download is very slow

The download for AP took almost 70 minutes today from start time 11:37 😞, for AD too..
That went before always in < 1 minute
Something is wrong with this server at Amazon.
I have just downloaded Affinity Photo for comparison, directly from the Affinity Store. The time for this was just under a minute. 

Kind Regards

More likely it's an issue with your ISP, than Amazon. The files for the beta are hosted in the USA, so speeds may not be great to Germany.

For the retail builds, we use CloudFront to push the files to data centres around the world, so they are fast no matter where in the world you are (i.e. you can't really compare the retail download speed with the beta download speed). One day we'd like to put the betas onto CloudFront, but I don't know when.

Seemed to download fast, but maybe that was not in the same time interval as others - think I was very early after the email.

Today I was trying to use it, which seems generally smooth as ever, but one bug occurred:

-- I wanted to create a document from a png on the clipboard
- I made a mistake first -- I had copied a text after, as part of getting through that 'registration' tryout. 
- thus when I went to create in Photo, it  refused as not the right type the clipboard -- correct
- then I copied the original png again
- this time, Photo didn't even offer the  Create from Clipboard menu item -- it was greyed out

- I created a blank document, pasted the png in. Fine enough, just extra borders
- so, I tried again to Create from Clipboard. With no changes, the  png still on the clipboard, 
this time the item wasn't greyed out, and using it did the right thing, created a doc just the size of the png.

Hope that's clear, and as always, quite enjoying what you persons do, all  of it :)

Clive