You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo let me continue to be crazy!

Artvid

This post is about something I didn't think was possible.
I do my painting in Corel Painter (at least until Affinity comes with a contender), but this topic is not about the Painter, but about Affinity Photo.

Working with musicians, mainly from Norway and the US, and as we all know an album or LP in vinyl, has at least 8 tracks typically. So as my artwork basically are digital-based today, I can do as musicians - publish an LP, not with 8 tracks, but with 8 paintings.

Let me add that LP here is not 'Long Playing', but 'Long Painting' (-:

So when the first painting was done, I copied a slice of the right side of the painting and pasted that thin slice on the left side on the next canvas - and the plan was to put them together as one Long Painting, ending up as a video.

In Painter, I use the size of 10'000x7'143 pixels, 300dpi, as that is reasonably close to what Painter can take, as this would result in a width of 80'000 pixels. So I reduced the height a bit to 4'223 pixels, put one and one painting together, and the result was a with of 50'612 pixels.

Honestly, that amazed me, as this is pretty large - but Affinity Photo worked as an amazing hero, and I got the result that one can view here on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InGkezL_Wb4&t=28s

Thank you Affinity for making my crazy ideas possible (-:

2000_cover_image.thumb.jpg.1d8b60173865fc7a0ce7966b30ed6fe5.jpg