You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keyboard Shortcut to Convert Node Type

On 12/8/2020 at 9:12 PM, spleeding said:

I may have missed this one, but I am kinda surprised that there isn't an option to select a keyboard shortcut to convert node type. Any chance that could be added? maybe Shift+A since it currently doesn't do anything?

There is not - I also don't understand why clicking the node with alt pressed doesn't just toggle the node type.

CorelDRAW has keyboard shortcuts for toggling nodes into the desired (specific) node type and it is exactly what I need. One key-press and I get exactly what I want. It shows understanding of how people work and what they actually need.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

• 4 months later...
On 12/11/2020 at 12:24 AM, Jowday said:

There is not - I also don't understand why clicking the node with alt pressed doesn't just toggle the node type.

CorelDRAW has keyboard shortcuts for toggling nodes into the desired (specific) node type and it is exactly what I need. One key-press and I get exactly what I want. It shows understanding of how people work and what they actually need.

I do not understand the limitations of the shortcuts, that exist... There is a button so I should be able to substitute it with key press...
To be honest tool shortcuts are a laugh - node tool has 5 available (comparing to more than 12 buttons), move tool has ...1! 🤦‍♂️  (from more than 10 buttons in the tools itself)

And yes I can understand that alignment ones are available in other ways as a shortcut... But do you know how many ways you can access alignment? 5 f#$in ways!
Don't believe me?
- there is layer menu
- there are 2 sets of buttons (tool specific and the main toolbar one - this one more specific but still - [and on the topic still why can't I open the alignment panel through a shortcut? o_O?])
- you can turn on alignment handles on the object
- and keyboard shortcuts

And How many ways can you edit nodes? 

Exactly 2:

- ctrl/CMD clicks (only sharp and soft)
- buttons on the node toolbar

But you know not that nodes are anything too important for vector drawing software 😑

• 1 year later...