You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.8.5.703 Crashing and not saving

I am creating a planner template so that I can just change the backgrounds to create different versions.  The first thing that happened was I started typing in weird characters. Like, a black box with white vertical letters OBJ. image.png.661ce2b0b8350b0d4f28162953bc5179.png

I would try to delete and it would add more weird letters.  I'm not sure if at that time it started adding the inline text frame.  I fixed it in the master page but I still have to go and delete each one individually.  Then it crashed. Then it started not saving at all by crashing when I click save.  I was also using the "edit detached" feature a lot. I am able to export the file just fine. I have uploaded a file for you to look at. 

I have also tried BETA but that did not change the issue. I also tried updating windows. It did not fix it. Restarting computer did not fix. Not running FontBase did not help either.  Also, last night it wasn't changing the pages when I changed the master page until I double clicked on the pages themselves.

Screenshot 2020-12-07 194941.png

6 hours ago, Gabe said:

Hi @Tranquil Lens,

Text frame names come from the first few words of the text frame. 

What is the source of your text? That "OBJ" is automatically added when you have a pinned object inside that frame. But I don't see any other weird characters from your screenshot

Sorry, the screen shot isn't showing what I was referring to. The screenshot is showing, like you said, an object pinned, which I don't believe I added.  The OBJ was showing up in the actual textbox as I was typing.

I'm just calling this file a loss my brain is fried from trying to fix whatever it is. 

• 2 weeks later...