You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug - selecting Strokes made from an outline with sharp corners

So I wanted to create Outlines on Objects in Designer. Simple stuff really. Since there sadly is no direct function for this, I used the workaround where you create an outline stroke on an Object, expand that Stroke to be a new Object of its own an then divide this Object to only use the outer Stroke as an Outline for the original Object.

This Technique works fine, even if it is a little to much work for a simple Outline if you ask me. But then I ran into a Problem. I wanted the Outline to be exact, with sharp corners, not round corners how it seems to be the standard option for an Outline in Designer. But when I use this option, I cannot select the outer Stroke of the expanded Outline in Vector view Mode after I divided it. I am able to select it in Outline view mode also I can select it in my Layers. Just not in normal Vector view mode, which is the standard work mode of course.

I acknowledge that this might be a little hard to follow, so I made a screencast to better visualize the Problem.

I work with the latest Version 1.8.5.703 in Windows 10. I never experienced this Problem before, because I never tried to do this. I only use the Affinity Suite for Personal Stuff since I work with Corel Draw at my Workplace.

I hope this helps to fix it if it isn't already a known Issue.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

• Staff

Hi 60-100-30-40,

Thanks for the report (and the video - they do greatly help us!) I've been able to reproduce the issue and interestingly I found that after saving and reopening the document the selection order had corrected itself. I then tried it in our current 1.9 beta that has had some selection improvements and I can no longer reproduce it so it looks like it has been fixed with some of those improvements! :)